Rear end shaking!

Hey I’ve had this problem for a while now, if I do a burnout, hit a bump when accelerating or at high speed my rear end slams up and down vibrates side to side and is quite uncomforting lol,
I’ve tried both my summer and winter suspension and it still is doing it…
Any suggestions on what I can look at would be great
Thanks!

Check your trans/engine mounts.

Torn mounts can make this sound aswell. More so the trans mount.

rear subframe busings or rotted subframe?

stop dating spanish girls if you dont like a good butt shakin

subframe bushings are probably shot. I’ve seen them bad enough that you’ll have a little clean spot around the chassis above the bushing where the subframe slaps it

The shocks are likely blown, its a brutal shake/chatter that makes your cringe?

New shocks or coil overs will make these symptoms go away almost completely.

Its pretty brutal and yes I cringe, it does it both with my fairly new tokico shocks and my stock suspension that are mint that I just bought this winter, gonna check the subframe

Im gonna guess subframe bushings or even a worn U joint

check the tranny mount. My car was vibrating as well only at lower rpms, just got under the other day and saw that my t-mount was no good. hopefully after replacing its all good

check the driveshaft while your under there lol

100% subframe bushings are toast.

+1

I can attest to the feeling. I cringed as well. Its probably one of the few variables that could’ve explained why I crashed my first 240…

Swap your subframe bushings NAO!

I figured it was the bushings, i was hoping to get the collars that just slip in cause I dont know if i have the skills/tools to switch the bushings, but if the bushings are that toast i dont think the collars will have much effect, or am i wrong?

true, I wouldn’t imo bother with collars.

Th question to ask is: are you in such a situation that you can drop the subframe yourself an transport it somewhere to have the bushings pressed in? That will save you hundreds of dollars,

Hundreds of dollars? I was thinking this was a fairly cheap opperation… plus i have no idea where in Sudbury would do it.

hundreds?!?! I don’t think it would be that much.
Anyways look up some write ups, maybe try and tackle it yourself.

Got the same thing happening with my s14… i have bings solid alu bushings under there…

So engine/trans mounts? Got a McKinney RB swap kit in the front with an RB20…

What’s next :wink:

Labour man. 75-85 an hour. At that rate getting your brakes done cost hundreds too, even though it’s not an intensive job.

haha nvm, you may be right. :wink: Anyways I would encourage him to atleast look into doing it himself.