Honda guys chime in please

Potentially picking up a new daily/winter car this week/weekend…and have a few questions that need to be answered before i make a purchase.

1. How much of a pain in the ass is it to install a heater core? (It’s a 1990 integra dash i believe).

2. How much of a pain in the ass is it to install a new gas tank?

3. Are the gas tanks in the EF series civic hatches and sedans the same? meaning…can i use the tank out of a hatch to replace a bad one in a sedan?

and finally, if anybody knows somebody with the following parts, please let me know:

• Stock shocks and/or springs for an ef sedan.
  • Heater core unit for 1990 teg dash (tons of them on ebay, but i prefer buying locally if i can)
  • EF sedan gas tank…i don’t want to go with an aftermarket fuel cell but will if i can’t find anything reasonable and in good shape.

good door store on southpark in buffalo, has a ton of southern tanks, ~100 for my eg’s new tank

big pain in the ass, I had to basically buy all new hardware and clamps also

look at the post about the car there is a kid here with a ef gas tank

the car had the stock springs when i sold the car … they come with it

the heater core needs to get put in … real easy … just pull out dash 4 bolts… and pop it in bolt in place and plug in…

its a 92 DA not a 90

like i said just pm me with all questions

:tup: thanks man…

i didnt know the car still had stock springs with it…that’ll make my life easier that trying to hunt some down.

and i PM’d that ridindirtycrx or whatever his name was regarding the EF he’s parting out and the tank…so the EF hatch tank will work in an EF sedan?

and does the car still have the heater core with it, or am i stuck finding one of those on my own too?

The gas tank on my 94 integra wasn’t bad at all. If you need one stop by Amherst Radiator on NF Blvd infront of Don Davis, thats where I got mine from for a good price.

Stock shocks and/or springs for an ef sedan.

Ive got these.

heater cores are really that easy? i was under the impression that you had to pull out the entire dash and remove a bunch of things under the dash to fix it?

I sold Wayne majority of the parts that went into this car from my work lol.

+1 that’s what i always thought and am currently fearing…

once you look at the car you will see that all you need to do is unbolt the dash … wayne can fit behind the dash in this car now…

and no they are not that hard…and heater core does not come with car… i have one from a 94 if you wana try to see if it will fit

lol, heater cores are definately not easy. You have to pull the dash with all the heater controls and misc shit unless theres access without completely pulling the dash. Its hard to remember, its been like 5-6 yrs since ive done a honda one.

every car is different, i can do a 240 blower moror w/o pulling the dash, heater cores tho are usually in the middle on the tunnel, dont see how you would pull that…

pulling the dash in an ef civic is no problem though

sounds like a POS buy a good car.

you also need to rember the old one is not in there … so you pull the dash witch should take 15 min 30 at most and bolt the new core in there and plug it in …and att the lil wire for the hot/cold thing and run the lines from the motor …

could be done in 2 hours