Honda H22a Swap Info Help

Hey whats up all. HONDA GUYS I NEED HELP AND INFO. Im try to get an h22 for my 95 Honda Accord EX SOHC Vtec 5spd. What all do I need? Some guy told all i need is the motor and ecu from 92-96 Prelude OBD1 and the motor should bolt right up to the stock f22 transmission. A few others said I’ll need the wiring harness in addition to motor and ecu. Someone else said I need the whole 9 yards (tranny, mounts, etc). Also for the 97-01 Prelude h22 engine, do I have to get the whole 9 yards cuz its OBD2 and my Accord is a OBD1? Im new to this motor swap thing and a few mechanics I know are helping my put it in. I just need to know what to buy b4 hand. Thanks. Oh and I finally got the brakes working again lol.

PM gearhead. He’s the resident H-series guy. :stick:

The minimum you need is the long block. You can use all the mounts from the f22 and use them on the H22. The wiring harness you take off the F22 and adapt it to the H. The trans (clutch and flywheel) will swap over.

There are a lot of little things you have to do along the way like hoses, fuel lines, etc, but its fairly straight forward. The drivers side mount you can drill a new hole in the prelude engine side bracket for the accord mount to make it work.

There’s no reason to buy an OBD2 motor, just buy a regular jdm one or usdm obd1 engine. You can “upgrade” by using the h22 a trans if you want a shorter ratio, but I like the F22 trans for daily driving. My tuned H22 in my ferio with an F trans got me 32-33mpg regularly.

jtech is the man (for h’s anyway), he did my h swap and about 963215643675643476473247 others…

now dont ask him to do much else tho!!

FYI, and I might be wrong cause it’s been a while, but I think 96 while still the 4th gen body style is actually OBDII.

Thinking that far back is making my brain hurt.

FYI, you’re a fucking cum-chugger.

96 is obdII

correct