honda help needed

anyone want to explain why the gear indicator on my cluster keeps flashing. The D is flashing and there is no power unless the car is in gear 2. i had to replace the motor but the auto tranny was fine. i did break the shift seliniod but i bought a new one from honda. its ob2 and the code it gave was manufacture transmission lock out or something to that effect. Automatic transmission lockup control valve is what it was
. someone please help i need to get this thing on the road.

what kinda car is this? Obviously you got the diagnostic part figured out. Most of the time its either a straight up bad solenoid or the wiring, I’ve never seen it any other way… yet. The solenoid is usually the top one of the two (that look like vtec solenoids) on the front side of the tranny.

98 4door with a d16y7

do you have the code number?

I have the factory service manual here, so I can go through the flow charts or whatever you’d like

ill scan it tomorrow

it showed 2 codes
P0113
P1768

P0113 is “Intake Air Temp Circuit High Input”… that might just need a new sensor

P1768 is the linear solenoid

http://z.about.com/d/autorepair/1/0/4/a/86152798.gif

If all the wiring is ok, then it could be a bad solenoid. Unplug it and measure the resistance accross the solenoid, it should be about 5 ohms. If it is not, then the solenoid is bad. If it is 5ohms, you have problems other places most likely in wiring.