pookiee' bubble with d16 vtec NEED SERIOUS HELP :[

Hey guys, I didn’t know what forum to put his in so I decided to start a project thread. Here’s the scoop on what’s going on. I had a 93 ex coupe that I crashed ( worst day of my life) with a d16z6vtec. I then bought a POS bubble with a horrible knock in the engine. So me and a friend fired up the d16 in the crashed car and was running strong for its age.(210k miles) yesterday we finished the swap and the engine is in the car. Got it to start last night but left a fuel line loose and had to kill it to stop a fire. Came back this morning and fired it up and tried to get it into reverse and drive it out of my drive way. It doesn’t seem to want to go into second, 4th or reverse. I’m thinking its something with the shift linkage. Also, it started to smoke under the hood and look as if it was coming from the headers or from underneath. Its got a shitty exhaust on it. Well I’m on my sidekick now and just got it to go into reverse but the shifter wasn’t where reverse is. I just drove it down my street and back. I’m gonna try and get pictures up soon. Also while pulling the engine we broke the sensor on the back side of the intake manifold. If anyone has any ideas please feel free to drop in and help.

No ideas at all? Fun stuff.

is it a cable shifted trans???

We need a little more information.

What is the stamp on the transmission or what year/model car did it come out of?

What did the sensor look like (that you broke).

Pictures tell a thousand words.

Welcome!

gotta be the linkage

That’s what I’m thinking. Its cable linakge and its a 93 ex engine (d16) and its in a 93 dx. Civic of course. Ill get pictures up tommorow.
I can’t remember what sensor it was but its on the back side of the intake maniflold and without it my idle goes from 750 to 1500 so I’m thinking its the idle contorl sensor.

You broke the flux capacitor.

Did you unbolt the transmission from the engine when you did the swap?

first off there isnt a d or b series made in the world with a cable linkage keyword linkage

there is no way this someone with a real problem

What’s your deal? The guy is asking a question. He obviously is asking seriously because he’s posted on here before.

And yes, they did make D & B series cable trannys.

yah what a fucking douchebag dude seriously. listen pook, i have a hard time believing that you were able to put the linkages in wrong. they are pretty self explanitory, so it leads me to believe that your clutch could use a bleeding, as far as the gear selecting problem goes, there isnt a difference in the EG (92-95) shiftlinkages unless is for a bseries, whether or not its dx vx ex lx si d15b7 d16z6 d15b8 doesnt matter as long as its 92-95. and the sensor on the back on the intake manifold more toward the center is idle air control valve. that would make your idle surge like that. is the sensor is far to the left on the TB, then it could be tps, but it doesnt seem likely if you were driving it. how did you install the shift linkages? some pictures would definately help. and ignore pootmasterdouche, hes prolly a 16 y/o dork with nothing better to do than to come on shift518 and act like a know it all fuckhead. goodluck dude

read again, cable shifting transmission, like the H and K series…

everyone gets these things mixed up lol, the common missunderstanding is that d and b series "cable trannys are cable actuated CLUTCH not the gear selecting, the h and k are hydro actuated clutch with cable gear selecting. that should clear it all up.

so hang your cross is right on the money.

hahah I am a 16 year old dork you better get youre facts straight I am 26 year old man I have been working on cars way before you were even born and I still find it hard to belive that anyone who supposively done this swap or any swap would say the car has a cable linkage it sounded like someone drunk on here posting some bulshit so I was calling him out on it
its not like I come on here to be a jerk most of the time I sit on here and just read what people write and fill in when somone really needs help but if this is legit ill chime in a few things

most d16’s or d15’s from 92-00 have 2 sensors in the back of the intake manifold the first one the semi big round aluminum box with 2 coolant hoses with 2 m8x1.25 bolts is the iac or idle air control with out this the car will surge up and down between 900rpm-3000rpm and the second sensor is a air intake temp held to the driverside of the intake manifold with 2 phillip screws this sensor sends signals to the ecu to adjust the fuel trim acording to temperature now certain models d16z6 and d16y8 have them on the driver side top runner under the fpr but if I had to guess I would say urs is in the back and that what you broke
as for the linkage any d series linkage 92-00 will work and if you did what i think you did the bottom shift fork is upside down and it is hitting the upper shift stabilizer bar this is the bar that has the shifter attached to it so pop the roll pin and flip it around you should be all set

ps if this is a real problem you can pm me for any information and I am sorry for being a dick in my first post but this didn’t seem real

before i was even born? hahahah your a fucking tool.:haha

Thats what I was thinking.

hahahahahah

listen kid i somewhat know who u are and what your like ,but there is no reason to treat the kid like like shit thats what pushes people out of here .now seamus the tougethisdb1 prolly has more knowledge thatn most on here so id suggest backin off and lettin shit be

its an sohc civic… every one calm down.

Pookie, read through what tougethisDB1 said. He knows D series like the back of his hand. Hes so JDM hes got a fuckin Mugen Tattoo.

Primo, yea you know what ur talking about when it comes to hondas too, but relax. no need to bash someone because they confused cable linkage and cable clutch.

These forums are supposed to HELP people if they ask for help…
Not to fuckin bash them cuz they asked for help.

thanks guys, and yes people need to be a little nicer on here. everyone has to start somewhere, you all know you would have loved to have your questions answered as a begginer. any resolution on the problems pook?