pookiee' bubble with d16 vtec NEED SERIOUS HELP :[

Thanks for all the replies guys. I don’t mind the negativity. Its expected on the internet. I already bleed the clutch and had it driving. It would sometimes slip out of gear and wouldn’t go abck in without me shutting down the car and restarting it. Really wierd. Yes the linkage is pretty self explaintory. I left the tranny on during the swap. I broke the sensor with the rivets, so I have no idea how to replace it. Once again I’m trying to get pics up but I keep forgetting my camera at my appartment.

I have a whole z6 manifold with all sensors and the pigtail iacv. I doubt its that though thats causing your tranny problems.

the sensor with the rivets? i believe your talking about the tps now, and those are breakaway security nuts. you can grind a flat spot in them and turn them out with a flat head. orrrr you can buy an entire throttlebody off me.

yeah it deff sounds like a tps. pookie I am sorry I have been doing the forum thing along time now and I have seen alot of yahoo posts on here it looked that way so I appologize as for everyone else dont start name calling you dont know me or about me I didn’t direspect you dont disrespect me it looked like a bullshit post so i called it like I saw it plain and simple

nick you know I have no problem helping people this didn’t seem real but I appologized to the kid so lets move on

Its all good. I know that the sensor isn’t causing my tranny problems. I’m sure its causing my stalling problems. And rough running. How much for just the throttle body, or should I just swap or the intake manifold. Orr I have my d15 manifold still with the sensor on it. I just don’t have a metal grinder. And everyone has to start somewhere and doing this swap myself was helpful. Anywya let me know more about the tb or intake mani. is there any way to allign your shifter somehow. Anything I can do with the linkage.

its reallly almost impossible to put the linkages in wrong so if the clutch bleeding didnt help you prolly bent one. you can use your d15 throttle body if you have it still. or you can buy one of mine for like 20$ its just far away at my parents house and itll be a long wait for you. try using your d15 one if you have it. and i would need to see pictures to further diagnose your linkage problem.

I’m gonna be heading over to my parents house today to try some things out on the car and to take pictures. I’m also going to try and flip the linkage.

hay steve what up? i can take alook at it sometime this week if u still need help

hey where the hell have you been I havent seen you in forever

Who is too low? Chaz?
Sorry I just got on shift. You clearly know who I am though. I need some help for sure lol. I just swapped my tb’s and there’s a map sensor ontop of the d16 tb but on the d15 its against the firewall. I wired everything and fired it and now it fucking idles at 3k rpm. This car is giving me the biggest headache.

loosen the throttle cable lol

Checked that. Its not the problem…

check for a vacuum leak.

Don’t really know where to look. Check al the cables going in and out of the tb. I messed around with it for an hour the other day and can’t seem to get it.

having somtehing wrong with your car but not knowing how to fix it sucks…

there arent really many sources of vacuum on those intake manifolds just start there and work away from the vacuum source, checking all the vacuum lines and connections. idling up that high would be a massive vacuum leak. did you put the hose on your brake booster?