attn honda guys, need help

tony if you’re online, you may be able to help but this is to all who may know…

ok ive run into a problem, i finally got the bored 95 TB back and went to put it on my car today, when i noticed this.

heres my 96 TB, notice above the openin, its flush nothing stickin out.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/danteisme/DCP_0006.jpg

now heres a pic of the bored 95, what is this stickin out at the very top? it looks like a vacuum line, but my 96 doesnt have this…how am i gonna hook this up?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/danteisme/DCP_0007.jpg

Its a vacuum hookup for the canister that sits below your fuel filter, i dont run it so its really not that important haha

cap it off and go about your business

i think the purpose of the canister to use that line to suck vapors from the canister into the intake to burn them off, I just took the whole canister assembly out and rerouted the vapor line to a breather tube that runs by the lower passenger side firewall.

yay for the 1lb i saved in weight hahaha

ah, so im assumin that in 96 they moved where they hook up to cuz my lines are still hooked up to that somewhere.

so i should just cap that off with a section of line and like a screw in it or something?

i do believe they did move it, get one of those rubber nipples kits from autozone or whereever they tend to come in handy from time to time.

Just put one over it lock it down with a zip tie and your ready to roll

btw what you get that puppy bored to? looks like 64mm

yup 64, but it looks like there is a little taper on the short ram side.

i also now have another problem, i found out what that line is for, and since the 96 is a bit different, i plugged it up. so heres my new problem, when i first start up the car, my vafc says that the throttle is down .2%, then it drops to 0, then my car idles at 2000, then slowly drops down to idle. if you spike the gas, it revs up, then hangs around 1400 or so, then drops down quickly, i checked all my lines, everything is good, is it doin this becuase there is so much more air goin in?

oh an add on get the Blox or Skunk2 (basically same thing) intake and put the bored TB to work. not to mention it cleans up the engine bay nice

people will say it will drop out low end power especially with a 4-1 header but consider this your a Honda, since when did you ever have low end power???

try adjusting the idle screw, he takes them out whenever he works on them so its probably not set right, i had the same problem, adjusted the idle, reset the ecu and went on my way. did you get a new TB gasket?? you might even have to adjust the TPS sensor as well

another thing it might be is if you took the IAC off when you removed the throttle body it will empty out the antifreeze in there, when thats dry it will cause an erratic idle until it fills itself back up

yup, thats what it was, i had to adjust the throttle cable again AND i did lose a lot of coolant so that probably was part of the problem to… all seems good now

and yeah i did get a new gasket, cut it to fit the new bore, and tried my best to portmatch the intake manifold. not sure how good it was but i know im close.

cant wait to see what it dynos next saturday(no cams yet) but im just getin it fuel tuned so i stop blowin out cats.