Need a 'hook up'/help

Firstly I wanna say major THANKS to whoever helps on this.

Does anyone here work at a parts shop or can get new/rebuilt short blocks? If so can you check a price for a 1996-2004 Acura RL 3.5L? I really just need the short block aka bottom end. I will need some misc things but those I can ask for at a different time.

Second thing I would like is a shop. Who can design a intake manifold. This is the design I am looking into being made:
Pic 1 http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v467/GreekPower/IMG_1909.jpg
Pic 2
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v467/GreekPower/IMG_1908.jpg

Stock form is this
Pic1

basically its a custom manifold with velocity stacks inside of it. If a shop thinks they can do it or someone thinks they can make it please post and give me your name and number you’ll be hearing from me shortly.

talk to jeff at 1st try

or

domination

without trying to start problems in your opinion which would be better at doing this job? I haven’t dealt with many people on this board but I hear they both have good track records.

there booth great

They are both capable of doing the job. I’ve seen 1st try’s handiwork and Jeff is a knowledgable guy. I’ve neve talked to Domination, but I know quite a few people who have had work done by them, and nary a complaint.

Is this for your Acura or the not-so-DSM? There is a lot more work involved with just slapping an intake manifold on. What will you be tuning with?

In order to properly run something like that (on the Acura anyway)…you need:

Throttle body bored open to match the IM (if you don’t you’re leaving a restriction, negating the flow of the IM)

Honda engines love opening the intake ports about .030 over the IM ports, to create an anti-reversion chamber so the motor can use the extra flow effectively

Assuming your fuel system is up to the task, which it most likely is, you should tune it right away. It’ll run rich as hell…washing the cylinder walls…killing effective ring seal…makes it run like total shit…etc.

Not trying to knock your plans, but it all functions as a system. You’ll actually lose power if you just throw it on, or at the very least shift your powerband out of the rev range your motor is safe/effective at.
What are plans for this motor?

you want a muffler for an intake?

that is what i thought it was.
But what are your plans with it? you could prob buy another car for the price of that intake. i would not want to know the time involved with that.
IMO i would save money up and buy a different car. keep that as a daily

This is for my daily driver. The motor is a motor I am going to be building on the side for the car. It will use a 3.5L block, top end will be T2 heads and reground cams, better springs, I could either use a stock intake manifold (i can post a pic later comparing the 3 possible stock ones). The tuning would be from a safc2 and a wideband (nothing else works on this damn car :frowning: ) The man purpose was to help get more air into the engine, boring the throttle body can only gain 3mm’s max, so using a different throttle body has to be done, but then the bottleneck on the stock intake manifold is restrictive so that needs to be made, thats why I thought of just going completely custom.

ok for some reason I can’t multiqoute.

But the design of the plenum can change I just was using it as a good reference because of the height, I don’t want it sticking out of the hood. Cost I think could be anywhere from 500-1300 for that intake manifold to be made, compare it with alot of other import intakes (minus 4 cylinders) its fair pricing.

Check the credentials.

Hand made Honda upper plentum box

Cobra throttle body adaptor

Turbo dodge hand made intake and hand made stainless turbo header.

That one is a little bit sloppy cause its my car, and I don’t really care that much about finish look.

I cannot even imagine how much of a price thats going to be.

that intake is definitly a muffler… wow

why not just port the hell outta what you have???

http://users.adelphia.net/~sr5guy/35RL/manifold%20comparison.JPG

These are my current intake manifold options. being

type 2 (which I plan to run with modification) RL (comes with engine) Type1 (on current engine)
the T2 is great for top end and will hurt top end, the RL is basically all for torque and no top end. The T1 is basically the same as the RL just gives a little top end. To me I would like to build something that gives power all around. Even loosing some torque and gaining power from 2500rpm+

http://www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=102329 T2 modified

domination, thats some nice work there.

well this car is a daily and i have a fast car but i want my daily to b faster.

so no one has engine hook ups?

you have a N/A stealth right? not a fast car.

lol
noooooooooo I have 2 twin turbo models (one being 3000gt other being the stealth) see sig.

My stealth is BPU plus 15g turbos and the 3000gt is basically light mods with 13g turbos.

:bsflag:

this Freebee stuff only happins on TV

Zilch

I wasn’t asking for freebies. I was asking if anyone works at a parts store or w/e if they get a discount I would pay them some $ if they ordered it for me. Learn to comprehend reading.

PS my stealth is fast if it clocks 11.2’s in the 1/4