havin some problems with my honda

the other night i was comin home, and shifted into 2nd. the car hesitated, then went. thought that was strange. then it did it in every gear. well i was low on gas, so i filled up, and the problem was gone. well i got low on gas last night, and it started it again. i filled up, and its runnin fine. i’m guessin its somethin to do with the fuel system, perhaps a clogged fuel filter or mabye a bad fuel pump. anyone have any ideas?

how low on gas. maybe its just having problems pickin up fuel when its low. but if its half tank then you may have a clogged filter or something like that

Originally posted by deadeyehatch
the other night i was comin home, and shifted into 2nd. the car hesitated, then went. thought that was strange. then it did it in every gear. well i was low on gas, so i filled up, and the problem was gone. well i got low on gas last night, and it started it again. i filled up, and its runnin fine. i’m guessin its somethin to do with the fuel system, perhaps a clogged fuel filter or mabye a bad fuel pump. anyone have any ideas?

sell it and buy a GM:D

check your fuel filter and when was the last time the car had a tune up? plugs, wires and such??

it was between 1/4 and 1/8 tank, so it wasn’t that low. i dunno bout the tune up, i’ve only had the car for a few thousand miles, only like 75k on the engine, and got it from an import shop in baltimore, some i’m guessin they prob did one. but i’m gonna check the fuel filter. thanks guys

replace the filter it is only a few dollars

MAKE SURE TO BLEED THE LINE BEFORE YOU TAKE THE FILTER OFF!!

dont be an idiot and take a gas shower like i did the first time i changed mine!:eek:

Originally posted by PlayaStyle92GA

dont be an idiot and take a gas shower like i did the first time i changed mine!:eek:

been there done that the key is the bleeder screw.

if it has a aftermarket intank fuel pump the pick up is raised(4th gen civics and CRX’s have this problem with 255lph pumps a lot) the tank will ready it has fuel but the pump can’t pick it up

Originally posted by PlayaStyle92GA

next time i do something to my fuel system i’ll call you to come over and yell at me about not bleeding it off with the bleeder screw us dsm guys dont have.

Originally posted by BlueMeanieTSi
next time i do something to my fuel system i’ll call you to come over and yell at me about not bleeding it off with the bleeder screw us dsm guys dont have.

it wasnt yelling, it was a word of caution in case hes never done it before. hes drive a honda anyway not a DSM. im sorrry that i drive a pontiac and i know how to repair GM vehicles. i have very little knowledge of imports.:rolleyes:

Can you consider a DSM import??? :confused:

Originally posted by ECOvenom
Can you consider a DSM import??? :confused:
well not really but than again ya…its in between i guess:confused:

i know hondas have bleeders i was being sarcastic cuz not all cars have bleeders.

i know hondas have bleeders i was being sarcastic cuz not all cars have bleeders.

i know that all dont have them but there is some way to relieve the pressure of all fuel systems!:smiley:

you meant you were just trying to “own” the noobie?:eek:

not on dsms :smiley:

not on dsms :smiley:

well then when you change the furl filter or any fuel line work how do you stop gasoline from going everywhere?

you wait till theres 0 pressure in the line (as per the gauge) then you slowly crack the fitting free and wait till it stops leaking

you wait till theres 0 pressure in the line (as per the gauge) then you slowly crack the fitting free and wait till it stops leaking

i wish i had a fuel pressure guage :frowning:

well in theory cracking the fitting and waiting til the gasoline slowly drains out is the same thing as bleeding the line. its jsut you have to go about it in a different way:confused:

you could do taht on any car whether it had a bleeder or not :rolleyes:

Originally posted by deadeyehatch

well it seems to me that u answered ur own ? but are too slow to figure that out(not meaning ur car is slow,meaning u are retarded slow)