CAR SHUT OFF... need help!

wussup guys…
i was on the way home from my friends house… and while driving home… the pedal began feeling unresponsive… like i would hold the pedal down while in gear… and it was like jerk… move… jerk… move… like it wasnt a steady pull…
and as i was entering my complex… towards my house… i wasnt even able to drive the car… if i touched the gas… the rpm would drop!.. so i just rolled it home… and then it shut off on me…!!!
do u guys have any idea what could be wrong? any suggestions at all would help me… i need my car back…
im thinking it could be a vaccuum line just came out or something to that extent?

help plz

sounds like fuel pump to me…

crap u guys are good! and damn fast!..
i checked all that stuff out… and i pulled the hose from the fuel filter… and nothing came out when i started it…
so the question now is…
is the SOHC fuel pump the same and compatable(sp)? because Black Apple is parting a 90…

thanks for the quick response Black240Matt

bing is parting a dohc

wow… what is it wid u and the funny talk?

yeah i know hes partin it out… but hes really far away… if i can get something closer… ill try for that… but ill check bing as a last resort…

yeah tru :smiley:

but im i still gotta raise up some money for that… and i need the fuel pump…
damn… whats a brown guy to do :scratch:

don’t put a used fuel pump in. Thats stupid, buy a new one.

yeah… the hose was in a bucket… but i mean… when your in a situation where u have no clue what the problem is… u take ur chances…

and what if i do?.. but nice try on trying to intimidate =D> [-X
… believe me it doesnt take a lot to remove tires…
so y dont u meet me half way then? thats another issue… maybe u can be of some assistance…

but no worries… i want them…

If the pump is shot you should pick up a walbro 255. OEM is prolly almost as much and flows alot less soo…

thats what i said, but if that pump works he got a great deal, it was pretty much a freebie. so who can complain.

let me know how it worked out.

the walbro 255… how much is it? and how much will it lower the fuel economy (if at all)? is it louder than stock? is it a good idea even tho i have no other engine performance mods? i was planning on doing sr… but not in the near future…

black apple… the pump worked great… thanks a lot…
only thing is… is that its weaker pulling to redline… so i gotta change it to get the performance back… but its all good… car wasnt running… now it is… thats the main thing…
ruspek…

nice, well i guess it was original then. funny thing is that i never noticed that when i drove the car for the first week i had it.

Now lets hope my daily drivers’ doesn’t die on me now. :smiley: