fix my car

having some car problems, need help. ok my civic was running great, and now when u give it gas it wants 2 die out. or it will rev up 2 4grand and it will backfire. its has no codes. im stumped on this. i think it might be the tps, not sure. i know there are some honda heads in the region, help a brother out!!! it starts up and idels fine. its a a6/y8 high comp motor in a 92 civic. any ideas?

Sounds like a sensor issue.

sounds like your on the right trac with the TPS

i have a spare tb on gona check 2 c. any other ideas?

Ya… im gunna need those TPS reports tommrow …mmmk? LOL (fav movie.)

anyways gl

ok switched tb, same problem. so its not the tps. also replaced cap and rotor. when i went to pull off the wire to the #4 cyl it was rusted 2 death and the metal peace that goes into the cap just fell out. so now i need a need spark plug wire. i hope this is the problem. i need my car back, tired of bumin rides 2 work. car starts up and idels fine. just misses and back fires. let me know

Have the plugs and wires ever been changed? Kind of a stupid question, but I would start there.

You car came with a MAF?

maf? plugs are good and always have spares. the wires are obx shit. had them for about 3-4 years, on many different motors. so yea it time to upgrade.

Sounds like your car doesn’t have a DOHC Vtec motor :haha

Yo I will find those wires for you tomorrow, and swing by to look at it for you. I have some Nology powercore wires for you that were on my old Y8 (now your Y8).

yea a upgrade might b soon. im broke bitch!!! 2 much money in the d, gota fix it for now.