Need help with Civic

I recently did a vitara build on my d16 and started it up for the first time the other day.The car starts great and idles fine.The problem I am having is when I give the car any gas it dies on me.Its a d16y7 block with a d16z6 head and d16y8 intake manifold in a 00 civic.I have a chipped p75 with a stock d16z6 map on it currently.Stock injectors everything.Any help would be awesome

Could be your timing is off, I always try to match up blocks with their same head on d series

checked it cam timing and mechanical timing is dead on

Could be bad chip in ecu, way too many things that could cause it

Throttle position sensor

There is a pretty good method for troubleshooting it out on the net. Do a google search.

Is it throwing any codes?

Check for a vacuum leak. Check spark plugs. And also whats been said maybe the ECU wasnt done right. I would check timing again you may be a tooth off.

sounds to me like a classic case of you mixed up your tps and map sensor plugs.

^ is most likely it, i guess i dont think of that because it should be the first thing checked

^^^ i did it once lol

ha made sure i double checked those.I have the same exact car so i can easily reference wire colors

Also, pull the voltage on your tps, make sure as you open the throttle voltage rises and not vice versa. I’ve also seen this on some “jdm” parts where the sweeps from sensors runs opposite. If I remember correctly, brents (oasis24-7) car was like this.

It’s a stock y8 mani with stock wiring harness

---------- Post added at 10:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 AM ----------

the car sat for awhile so I’m goin to drain tank and put new fuel in see if maybe it will help

---------- Post added at 10:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

the car sat for awhile so I’m goin to drain tank and put new fuel in see if maybe it will help

drain it :tup:

Pulled the drain plug on tank last nite.Had maybe a 1/16th of gas in it so the gauge is wrong for sure.going to fill it up with 93 tonite

Did some looking around online.Some posts are saying iat sensor?Any of you guys think this could be it?

Iat could definately be it. Also, check your ect sensor. You will need some type of datalogging device to really do this efficiently. If for some reason the sensor is broken or somehow out of scaling, it can very easily make your ecu dump extra fuel and retard timing to the point where the car won’t start.

That SI I just sold to Andy B a month or so ago actually had a bad ect. The car ran fine from a cold start and seemed to run great. However when it was warm, it was starting real hard and choking out. I started logging and seen the ect sensor was “seeing” around 240 degrees farenheight. I know the car was not actually at those temps seeing as the gauge on the dash was perfectly where it should be. So the ECU was retarding the shit out of the timing map thinking the car was way too hot. Popped in a new ECT and the logged values were perfect. Car ran great from there.

Back to the possible Iat sensor…If you plug in your purge control solenoid connector into you iat, it will typically fry your iat and the Q31 transistor in your ECU.

I kno I didn’t plug it into the wrong plug.The iat sensor actually pulled off the wiring harness so I am goin to check it out tonite and repin it I quess ha

Checked the codes out tonight.Its throwing a code 9.This is the cylinder sensor in the distributor.Anyone think this could be my problem of why the car is running like crap?

YES. I’m actually suprised it’ll even run.