I need a huge favor from someone!!!!!

I need someone to do me a huge favor, hopefully tommorow. My car started to run like shit and super rich today, puffing black smoke and smelling like gas. All four plugs were black and smelled like gas. Changed the plugs and checked the fuel pressure regulator. Both are fine. All sensor connectors are tight. But it’s running super rich and just really crappy.

I have a suspicion that it’s the TPS. I pulled it off with the car idling and it didn’t change anything.

What I need is an S13 SR20DET MAF and throttle position sensor to try out in my car. I don’t want to replace expensive parts without knowing for sure it’ll fix the damn thing.

Please someone help me out, call me at 913-5730. I would be willing to pay for your time as well. Thanks.

-Louis

This sucks, instead of painting my hatch today, I spent the day screwing around under the hood. And wasted $140 on towing. And had my car paraded around town on a flat bed. :axe:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/2003specv/Stuff002.jpg

i have a TPS for sale for an SR.

40 bucks for you if it works.

and you have pm

You have a reply. Thanks Rob.

Anyone have a MAF I could try out?

Your plug wires aren’t arcing?? I had the same problem on my KA and i changed the wires individually till I found the one that was messed up. If you had no intention of changing plug wires, just find one wire that is good and use it to test the plugs.

No it’s not the plugs. They are all black from getting way too much fuel. I changed them anyway and same thing. SR’s don’t have plug wires also.

Are you in Calgary? If so you’re more than welcome to borrow my sr maf.

Did you check to make sure your intercooler pipes are all on?? That happened to Slide when he was down in lethbridge and at first you couldnt tell what was wrong, but one of the intercooler pipes had blown off. Did it happen very suddenly? Also, your tps sensor wont fuck with things that bad…and maf wouldnt happen suddenly. Also check your fpr vaccuum line.

He fixed it as far as i know.

No idea what was wrong tho

It was just something fucking stupid again. The hose connecting to the throttle body had blown off. I had checked and rechecked the intercooler hoses, it was my first suspicion. Anyway, I guess I just did a quick visual check both times, and I did a more thorough check on the other connections. You couldn’t even tell with a quick look, it was sitting right in place too. The POS hose clamp had stripped wouldn’t tighten anymore, so I got a new one and I guess I’ll be springing for t-bolt clamps when I redo my intercooler piping.

And yes, I’m an idiot for wasting $140 on towing when I could have fixed the problem with tools and parts I had in the car with me. FUCK. I did get new plugs and a fuel pressure guage out of it though.

Thanks for the offers for help though guys. I appreciate it!

good to hear it was something simple …it “usually” is …

Yea man, good to hear that it was such silly little thing like that … always it is …

happened to me once after putting on the BOV … was driving and suddenly pop and no boost , pop the hood, checked everything, was getting pissed , than voila … piping was just popped …