Honda Injectors Question

According to Turbo magazine, in the U.S. at least, Honda used low impedance peak injectors in B and D series until 1992, when those engines then switched to high impedance saturated injectors.

They also said that the H and F series motors kept low impedance peak injectors until 1996.

Question: Does this timeline apply to the JDM motors as well?

If you don’t definitively know, don’t bother posting.

I am about 99% sure it is the same for JDM motors… Honda figured out that in the H-series Prelude motors (some time after 94ish) that slightly smaller injectors (260cc vs whatever yhey were previously) made better power as well…lemme see if I can find the technical article.

I have definitely seen that reference regarding the smaller injectors on OBD2 motors elsewhere. I’m looking forward to the article if you can find it.

The majority of information I have found puts the JDM OBD1 H22A motors at 345cc and the OBD2 motors at 310cc. I believe the 240cc or 260cc injectors were used with the H23.

My problem is that I’ve got a set of saturated 370cc’s and I don’t want to try installing them only to fry something. It’s looking like I will have to sell them and look for peak-and-hold’s.

do you know the origin of the injectors you want to use? If your motor is not running a resistor box right now, then run the 370’s. IF it is, find someone getting rid of low imp p-n-holds. I gave a set to kilmer420, I’m sure he’d part with them.

Or simply bypass the resistor box and run the high impedence injectors.

That’s true…you can do that without any negative effects…

:bigok: