Honda Pilot

i’ll keep this short and simple:

my mom wants to buy one of these things. i am totally against it because i hate them, but its not my car, so i have to go with it i guess. anyway, we’re prob gonna go look at them over the weekend and im getting dragged along because my mom doesnt kno jack about cars. shes looking at like a 2004 or 2005 with low miles, and we found a coupple around here. i know NOTHING about these things, so what should i look for/ask about? obviously the usual ‘what to look for when buying a used car’ stuff implies, but anything in particular to Pilots?

tell her to skip the pilot and but a ridgeline the are the hotness

It’s IMPOSSIBLE to go wrong with a Honda.

Period.

There is nothing “to look for” on these.

While I despise FUV’s, if you have to get one, a Honda is the way to go.

Other than my Lotus and MR2, I really think the rest of my cars will be Honda/Acura’s for a long long time.

With potentially a Caterham 7 or Exige thrown in somewhere in betwen…

honestly, i feel the same as 91mr2…i actually really like the pilot, and if i ever was going to buy an suv(which i hate) i would buy a pilot.

I like the pilot…I have to drive one for work sometimes. No complaints here

:word:

Dude you are buying a two year old Honda, not an 8 year old domestic truck.

Hell even when I buy a 15 year old Nissan all I look for is rust and frame damage. The last like 10 cars I have bought I didn’t even test drive.

^^ what they said.

im not against the honda reliability and mechanics, i just think the thing looks ugly. it looks like a box on wheels to me, and i think the interior is kidna blah. i dont think my mom is going to like it when she actually gets in one and drives it. shit thinks this thing is gonna be the size of a 4 door Blazer, and i personally think its more the size of a Tahoe. but we’ll see. we’re prob going to look at them tomorrow or sunday so i’ll keep you guys updated.

<3 speculation

2004 Honda Pilot: 4400 Pounds, 106.3" wheelbase, 188" long, 77.3" wide, 71.7" tall

2004 Chevy Blazer 4 door: 4200 pounds, 107" wheelbase, 183.8" long, 67.8" wide, 64.6" tall

2004 Chevy Taho: 5050 pounds, 116" wheelbase, 197" long, 79" wide, 76" tall

It splits the difference. It’s about the same length and weight as a 4 door blazer, about the same width and height as a Taho.

Wouldn’t a 2 year old Honda be a certified used Honda with a warranty?