Honda Swap - B or D series

If you have an issue with my join date, I’ve been a member on roclife.org for 6 years (under amej8). I’m not a shady person. I’ve sold tons of parts across various forums (clubcivic, honda-tech, etc.).

I am located in Rochester, NY. I don’t have time to buy pieces and assemble an engine myself. My car is currently down at the moment and I need an engine to put in to get it back on the road so I can get to work. Please give me details if you do have something to offer. I don’t want to have to PM you 30 times to get all the info I need :P.

The engine MUST BE OBD2. It’d be perfect if it was an OBD2B engine as well.

With that being said, I am looking for a running B18B or possibly B20B/Z complete swap. I need a COMPLETE swap. Axles, motor, tranny, ECU, sensors, mounts, dizzy, etc. etc. etc.

-OR-

A D16Y8 swap. I should be able to get away with mounts and complete longblock + tranny since I already have a D16Y8. I just need something with less mileage since I’m at 219k now.

If you haven’t guessed, I don’t have much of a budget. I still expect an engine that was maintained and cared for that will last a long time. I know it’s a Honda, but any engine can go south if it wasn’t taken care of properly. If you have any other non-D complete swaps that you aren’t looking to get much for, feel free to offer them. Or offer them anyways, regardless of the price. I may hop on it. You never know… Coming up with money isn’t an issue, I just have an issue with spending money for something I don’t want or need. The car is just a DD and I am not interested in making a fast or “relatively quick” car. I’ve been driving a d-series for 6 years :P. I know all about slow and I don’t care.

Let me know what you guys got. Thanks in advance!!

Instead of buying a motor which you really don’t know the mileage or maintenance of, why not rebuild yours?

@ 219,000? I’d rather not personally.

If I had a little more money, I’d buy one from hmo. But I’m on the opposite coast haha.

it doesn’t matter on the mileage for rebuild as long as your crank is okay. but its your money

I just want it running as soon as possible. I don’t know how to rebuild an engine myself and can’t afford (both time and $) to have it sent out for this or that. I’m willing to learn but I need the car up and running as soon as possible.

I’ll definitely consider a rebuild (for possibly boost) later on, but time is slowly running out right now so I’ll most likely just fix the least amount just to get it driveable. Then swap or rebuild afterwards.

I have a y8 with literaly 20xxx on it just pulled from a 94 del
sol, my number is 7167718375 name is pat

Thanks for the post but I need an OBDII. I don’t know why I asked you what year the motor was from when you already had it posted lol. I’m blind.

i have a complete swap from a 96 integra, obd2a

150k on it, but runs very strong and was an automatic untill recently

everything you need but the wiring harness and mounts (which youd need for your specific chassis anyways)

1000 picked up

PM’d

Still looking.

hey don’t know if your interested in a y7, but my brother (myhonda1) has one mated to the tranny…he took it out of a '96 hatch to do a swap. runs great, nothing wrong with it. he has axles, mounts, etc., whatever you would take off the car to swap a gsr motor in. i believe the motor has in the area of 85k on it or so. i know it’s not exactly what your looking for but its obd2a and it would work. if interested you can hit either one of us up on here or text me at 716.864.7157

^^ thumbs up !!! ^^