honda swap question

well guys, ive got a buddy that got a 89 civic hatch for free, in pretty dece shape, and wants to do a swap. i havent had a chance to look at the car too much, but its a d15 with a 4 SPEED manual trans. im assuming this is cable clutch, and that this is an OBD-0 motor. we wanted to do a d16z6 swap, as i have another buddy who i just helped pull out for a GSR motor swap, that would let it go for a decent price with everything but the harness.

so my questions are:
is it hard/worth it to switch from cable to hydro clutch?
what would be involved to switch from obd-0 to obd-1?
what other motor options would be easier to put in I.E. have a cable tranny and be obd-0 for plug and play?

thanks in advance, and please no flaming as im a bit of a newb with honda

a few companies make conversion kits for cable/hydro tranny.

since its a D15 4 speed in there its wired with DPFI instead of MPFI. You sare going to need to do quit a bit of wiring just to make the car MPFI, and then you are going to need a obd0-obd1 conversion harness.

http://www.innovativemounts.com/ShowProduct.aspx?prodid=41000
thats the tranny conversion

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/new-ECU-Conversion-jumper-harness-OBD0-Pre-OBD-to-OBD1_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33596QQihZ019QQitemZ8076125146QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
and the obd0-obd1 conversion

^thanks alot man, i really appreciate that. any kits for dpfi to mpfi? a link to a how-to?

found the how-to on HT. now i just have to find some pics/info on that cable to hydro swap

you will need to swap out hubs since the 4spd axles are smaller spline than the 5spd axles. Then you will need 5spd axles. Honestly its not gunna be worth it. Might as well find a b16a or b18 and atleast have more options/power.

:wstupid:
It’s going to be a PITA any way you cut it, so you might as well give it some balls.

well the swap we are getting has the axles, the tranny, the ecu, everything but the shift linkages and the wireing harness, all for $450 so i figured i would find out whats involved before we go and do it