what do i need....(car talk)

…to convert my cable tranny to hydro. can i just get another tranny? the engine is obd0 and i assume a hydro tranny is at least obd1. then how can i make the rest of the engine work with the obd1. can i “make” the rest of the setup obd1? new distributor? intake? is this possible? thanks

before someone busts your balls for posting this in the wrong section…

are you talking about a honda?
if so,
the obd1 and 0 motor/transmissions will bolt to one another with no problem. you wont have to change anything on the motor.
for your clutch to work you’ll need all the hydro lines, and resivoirs (sp?) from a newer civic (92-99) i believe.
why do you want to switch to hydro? the cables are generally easier and cheaper to find.

There’s a conversion kit you can buy from hasport. I think its about $200.

well the off topic section is “talk about anything” and i wasn’t 100% sure so i just made the best selection i could.

yes it’s a honda. my dumbass forgot to mention that. i’m going to switch my cable tranny to a gsr lsd hydro tranny(just a plan) i’m tired of my engine sitting around not selling so i should do something with it. jsut hesitant about the obd0 non vtech into a obd2 vtech mobile.

pre 92’s use different clutch splines so you may need to get a clutch.

i imagined i would need a clutch any how. different tranny (trying for) higher all motor numbers.