horsepower math fail

I love this guy’s math…

“$12,750/ Best Offer. Adult owned, low milage E36 M3. Perfect as a track car, for autocross or a daily driver. It gets about 26 mpg and has 300hp. The car is strong mechanically and cosmetically is in good shape for an 11 year old car. It runs and drives great. Upgrades: The car has a AFE cold air intake that adds 42 hp and chip upgrade adding another 26, which takes the car about 308 hp. All new brakes 1K miles ago, inclduing cross-drilled and slotted rotors, rebuilt calipers, high performance pads and stainless steel breaklines on all four corners. Good tread left on performance tires. Come take a test drive. Clean carfax report. Hate to sell it, but baby is almost here.”

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=p&car_id=247566431&dealer_id=62906879&car_year=1997&model=M_SERIESCLASS_SERIES&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&start_year=1981&keywordsfyc=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=100&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&make=BMW&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=4000&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=14607&advanced=y&end_year=2009&doors=&transmission=Manual&max_price=40000&cardist=8

lol… Nice car though… I like the e36 M3’s …

maybe they left out the decimal places?

42 + 26 = 8

Fail, there is no decimal place moving around that will get those numbers to 8 :mamoru:

hmmm. Maybe it’s stock 300 FWHP vs ~308 WHP modded?

Uhh. Some of you don’t get the point.

The stock 240 bhp + 42 hp + 26 hp = 308 hp. I’m pretty sure Aaron was pointing out the ricer maths “intake adds 42 hp, chip adds 26 hp, that means I have over 300 hp!”

:picard:

Drive it into a wall.

i was going to say that he should have gotten the ICEMAN intake CAI because it adds 59HP

God I wish that was the case with that car. :frowning:

Maybe his CAI is actually a supercharger.:biglaugh:

no shit, all of that you might get 1hp and some sweet noise…

The baby robbed 60 horse

You should have read the numbers he was putting down before he took all the decals off.

wouldn’t that then be a HAI?

:hay: oh hai guys!