Hot Rod goes 12.9 @ 112.9 in the New Camaro

A LOT of guys I know went 12 w/ full stock 4th gens. A good buddy went 12.66 and backed it up w/ a 12.70 in a bone stock (tires, paper filter, etc) WS6. I think a few magazines did though… but perhaps not Hot Rod, and certainly not on an entirely un-prepped proving grounds vs. a well prepped strip. LS1 Fbodies dynoed 290 ('98-00 A4s) to as high as 320 ('01-02 M6) with a few freak 330s claimed. Thus far 5th gens are proving to be in the high 360s consistently (I’ve really only seen M6 dynos). And nobody really had 3k+ miles on them. LS1s opened up a bit past 3-5k miles, and LS3 'vettes have proven to so I expect we’ll see a few mid-370s once somebody actually leaves a 5th Gen stock past 3-5k. But 4th Gens ran mid-3300lbs (1LE Z28s) to mid-3600lbs (fully optioned WS6s) whereas 5th Gen SSs are mid 3800lbs. The 20"s certainly aren’t helping either, though I don’t know how decent the tires are. ALL stock 4th Gen tires sucked balls, even the GY F1s on the SS/WS6s.

I don’t know about that… they got a lot right if you believe what’s out there to read. Of course, I won’t believe it 'til I drive it (hard) myself. But it supposedly rides nice and quiet, handles well (better than stock 4th Gens), has good fit/finish, and has an overall refined feel. If only the interior didn’t bug me… but even that I need to give a chance in person.

-TJ