1/4 mile times, camaro

01’ Camaro 5spd, V6, I/H/E and MSD Ignition with 60k. Buddy bought the car like this and im curious as to what its 1/4 mile times would be w. a perfect driver/perfect day etc. Best case senario. He says 14s ‘all day’ and im thinking 15-16’s, then again he also thinks it has 260-270hp when it comes with 205? stock. thanks guys

On a perfect day, with a 80MPH tail wind maybe he’d see a 14.99 but I doubt it even then. A stock Z28 of that era was only running 13.6’ish there is no way with basic bolt ons that the V6 was close behind it, unless he can prove it he’s full of it.

my teg made colse to 200bhp and ran 15.5 just to give you and idea

well gotta remember weight too/gear ratios etc. He had a 99 eclipse i/h/e (140hp stock), vs my bone stock 8v 115hp and i won by a fender. So i know his driving skills are lacking lol that or those cars really suck… Wish i never sold my DSM right about now ha

high 15s low 16s ALL DAY. Just for example, they ran a new v6 dodge charger atoumatic on the Speed channel the other day and it ran a 16.2 . I know its a completely different car and engine, but just showing how slow domestic v6s are.

yah i figured mid 15s at best. Hes a good buddy, and we’ve always been ‘competitive’ with our cars against one another. Thats why i built the tsi back in the day, to shut him up in his “big ol’ impala SS”, then 240sx vs marques, then 8v vs eclipse… so im 3-0 right now haha… I refuse to swap in a VR motor so its time to go turbo shopping…

there was a neuspeed supercharger on the tex going for like a grand iirc

never was a fan of S/C, id like to build my own turbo kit. Idk, ive got other stuff to do it before i go messing around with blowing it up

might as well go turbo a.j. if you can’t handle the glorious vr6 swap. in your chassis it doesn’t get much more straightforward either.

he actually was hooking up a grand marquis? :wtf

how is that possible cuz i have an ls and walked you on the highway leaving the valley one night… although you did beat my buddy’s gsr but it was old and beat

i wondered that too, I don’t see how a header, cai and exhaust can make a motor that started with about 150bhp gain 50hp…because when i had the stock exhaust on my K with the cai i was prolly a little over 200bhp and would have walked you.

butt dyno never lies

i guess not

ok mr.“used to hate VR motor” back in the day… I remember wanting to get a VR (bfore i got mine) and you were like nooo do a 16v swap, VR is heavy…blah blah… lol… Ive owned a VR, nothing impressive. Built/Turbo etc yes, but even a VR w. i/h/e/chip isnt fast(quick, but not fast) but it does sound ohh soo sick

theres no way you are up 50 to the wheels with those 3 mods… :confused

lol a.j.

yeah, yeah :sleep

the 16v is a pretty sweet engine when massaged a little bit, plus you don’t see many people swap them in mk3’s. i would have used that 1.8t you had lying around in the garage you had before a 16v though.

since i got to know the vr more, i like it much more than i used to. it needs more mods though to be acceptable. yes, the sound is amazing, i agree. i think the think that sold me on the motor was the fact that its so much better to drive around as a daily, cuz the power is there and decent, plus its a way more refined feel over the 8v and 16v. i don’t mean refined as in a better design, but without a doubt smoother running, and less “raw.” thats what i love about the other motors, but for a daily driver, this is more appropriate for me. maybe i’m just getting old. ::slight_smile:

yah i should have never sold that 1.8t setup… under 20k on it too… VR into an mk2 its badass cause they never came like that. I wouldnt mind a built 16vT…i should have picked up that R32 and been done with it…

it wasn’t whp he was estimating his crank hp, still i/h/e will not add close to 50hp, let alone 20…if there is a i/h/e set up that will add that much, i’d love to know who makes it :rofl :haha

anyways, V6’s are junk and slow… 16’s for sure i use to pound on V6 stangs and camero’s with my si hatch

i had h/i/e…and no one walked me that night by far on the highway my gov hits at 111…so no more acceleration…and if i remember the one car jumped on the secound beep everytime…but its all good ;D…over all it was fun