hotwire.com is...

awesome.

I’d heard about it but never actually tried it.

Stayed at the Toronto Hilton business suite for 90 bucks including everything.

Next vacation i go on to a city supported by HW, I’ll probably just go online everyday at about 4pm and scoop up a new hotel…

Great, now I have the jingle from their commercial in my head.

I’ve found that those sites really do have some sweet packages when you get everything together. Rarely check hotwire tho.

Hotwire is great. There are also companion websites where people post their lowest accepted prices so you know what to bid.

edit: or maybe that is for priceline… IDK same difference

I also like Kayak.com

hotwire just gives you a sweet rate on a hotel in an AREA (downtown toronto west) and then you pay, THEN get your hotel, but the hotels are listed by star rating…

awesome, thanks for the heads up! I need to book a hotel for this weekend.

Yea hotwire is pretty cool. Not knowing what hotel you are going to get is kind of sketchy but the price is so good it doesnt matter.

If you have the balls, undoubtedly the best method is waiting till the evening before you need the hotel, and then contact one of the companies over the phone. Tell them you want a hotel in where ever you are going for $50 and it has to be 4-5 star. They will call you back with an offer a little while later, and it’s always a STEAL.

When the day is nearing and the spots are still available, there is much greater likelyhood that the rooms won’t sell. Remember the #1 rule in hotel management is to fill all the rooms, every night. That’s why calling the day before will work.

see: http://www.betterbidding.com

Stayed at the InterContinental Toronto Centre Sunday night for 100 bucks.

Can’t go wrong, really nice hotel.

That and biddingfortravel.com.

This week we stayed in a 3* in a DC suburb for 39 a night. Was the hyatt dulles airport.

Rack rate is 199.

Priceline is better than hotwire, if you know how low to bid.

i’ll try priceline sometime…

I do priceline bid for hotels for toronto

I always end up with the westin harbor inn suite for 75 bux a night…

Check their website and the price is 350 per night…

Ive done this 4 times and always get the westin with a 75 dollar bid…

Got the Hilton in downtown LA for $120/night with priceline 2 days before. Not too shabby. I agree that it is weird paying for a room without knowing the hotel before hand, but you usually cant go wrong with star ratings.

When I went to toronto, I usually end up staying at the king edward hotel, or the sheraton centre on priceline.

Both are under 70 bucks a night, and decent rooms.

One of the major benefits about buying rooms on priceline in canada, is you save a ton of money on bullshit taxes and stuff. You pay directly to priceline in american dollars, if you book a room from the hotel check all the extra fees they tack on.

eh,
“might as well scoop the cat” -funniest thing you’ve ever said.

btw: I gotta try this. I love getting discounts, i always haggle with hotels to get $10-20 off a night.
Thanks for the review!

wtf was i talking about? i forgot.

lol. oh, the GTR.

why’d you post that here?

lol.

IDK, because of this remark:

It just kinda made me remember it.
and btw Hotwire.com is awesome,again.

Yeah the hotwires and pricelines are epic. I boarded a week in Tahoe for $550 bucks or something like that a few years back. That was air fare and lift tix. The Hotel however, was a timeshare but still.

HOTWIRE :tif: (meh)

went online, saw they have a 5 star hotel on the Vegas Central Strip for $203, figured i’d test their waters for one of my night’s stay. After taxes, $227 and found out that it’s at the Trump Hotel. Not horribly bad, but the friday night rate on their lowest rate room is $206/night. So what am i really saving?

I booked a night at the Bellagio through AMEX’s concierge service and managed to get a $650 suite for $380/night plus i get $100 spa treatment and $60 for lunch (essentially $220 for a $650 suite)… hotwire i got a $206 room for $203.

I’m still not sure if hotwire gives you the hotels “cheapest” room with a prime view of the parking garage, or if it’s an upgraded room. As or right now, i’m not impressed.