Need hotel suggestions near the ACC.

I’m going to a concert there this Friday and need a local place to stay for the night. I don’t want to spend that much but I’d like it to be somewhat nice since since I won’t be solo. Also, I’d like to go out to some bars or whatever in Toronto after the show, so it’d be cool if the Hotel was near that too. Bar suggestions would be cool to if any one has any.

TIA.

i thought acc meant atlantic city

:bump:

nothing that I remember is with in a short walking distance of air canada center.

We stayed at sheraton centre, and loved it.

We have stayed at the king edward le meredian, and it was for snooty rich people, and I didn’t like it.

Both are a very short cab ride away from the acc.

Read the priceline forums, and book a room on priceline.

If you don’t, you are going to get absolutely fucked on the rate.

You can stay mostly anywhere in toronto for under 100 bucks a night if you do it right.

I’ve stayed at the westin castle for 80 bucks a night. When you book it on priceline, its all prepay in american dollars so you don’t get fucked with some 15 percent gst tax, and all the other nonsense you would have to pay if you actually paid the hotel directly in canada.

A couple tips to save some bucks in toronto.

Park your car in the municipal lots, not the hotel lots. I think its like 13-14 bucks american per night on the municipal parking ramps, versus 25-30 at a hotel. You can leave your car there overnight, and its totally fine and secure.

When you go to ACC, don’t drive there. Parking near acc is a big ripoff. Its cheaper to take a cab or the train there. If its nice we walk there, and take a cab back to the hotel.

As for bars, there are a zillion bars.

Wow, thanks for the info. Lots of good help there. Being that I’m booking it so close to the date, the best rate I’ve found so far was $100 for the night through Orbitz. I’ll check out priceline, any specific place in their forums that I should be browsing? That Westin would be a great deal for $80.

Oh, the $88 one is called Bond Place. But I think I can find something better for like $20 more.

I LOVE the Westin Harbour Castle, right on the water, Pimp ne duds with etc, bout 2 blocks from the ACC.

bond place is a shithole.

the site to read how to bid on priceline is biddingfortravel.com.

The Strathcona is pretty close to the ACC. Its pretty nice, and inexpensive. Its right off Front St, near the Royal York.