spending a day/night in toronto

I’m planning a little xmas gift for the lady friend, I’m thinking a day in toronto, IE: doing something really fun during the day, very nice dinner, and hotel.
Fun would/could include, concert,play, or just something ridiculous.

I’ve NEVER been to Toronto though so I have no idea what is really fun to do up there or a very nice place to stay, so give me some ideas.
Price, meh, i’d like to stay around the $500 mark… including everything.

k thnx

The Westin Harbour Castle is a really nice hotel, with a great view of the Toronto harbor.

your room is going to be 500

meh, I was thinking more along the lines of hotwiring the hotel, I mean a 4.5 star hotel for $90 isn’t bad…
I’d rather spend more coin on actually DOING something

Nuts in the ass. Dick in the pussy.
Merry fucking chistmas.
Going to get DPed any god damn way.

The Drake and the Le Germain are both awesome hotels. Prices aren’t terrible either. (The Drake especially)

Distillery District and Harborfront Centre are places that might be nice to check out. The distillery district is an old Gin distillery that is now home to lots of restaurants, coffee roasters, a beer brewery (try the coffee porter), and art Galleries. Not sure how harborfront centre is in the winter, but I know there is a nice ice skating rink (outdoors).

Bundle up and take a walk down Queen St West - Basically Toronto’s Elmwood.

St. Lawrence Market is pretty cool as well.

beat me to it. thats a nice hotel, go to a hockey game or something, the skydome is pretty close, lots of clubs and restaurants everywhere.

Got to Markham, stop at I Maid Cafe for a plate of dumplings and some Bubble Tea, then take her to First Markham Place ofr a stroll through the strip mall. It’s great there.

meh, i can go to a game here, and it’s going to be her Xmas present, so i’d rather do something more…umm… classy, if you will?

just look for a hotel on Younge St…or around Younge Street. you’ll find a lot of shit to do around there. ive been there twice and love it.

any recommendations? I’d like to have it planned out mostly before I get there, so it looks like I really thought ahead.
I’m definitely going to hot wire the hotel, they have sick deals on there for sure, just kinda sucks you don’t know what hotel you are getting.

The delta Chealsea is OK. Its in the heart of Downtown and ytou can walk or do the ttc pretty much anywhere from there.

+1 loved my stay there.

http://biddingfortravel.yuku.com/forums/98/t/Canada-Ontario-Toronto-Ottawa.html

Just read this forum to see what people are paying for rooms in toronto, then bid on priceline.

You can usually get a very similar price.

Looks like the Westin is going for 60 american per night, and the Sheraton Centre is about 70 bucks.

I have stayed at both, I like the Westin a little more. The Sheraton Centre is attached to the underground mall, which is pretty neat.

Both are appropriate for a romantic night…

Looks like some people are also getting the Hilton in the 4* range, I’m not sure on that one but I’m sure its fine…

Looks like they bid in the Downtown area to get the Westin Castle…

Also figure parking dude, probably 25 bucks to valet your car or self park at either hotel per night…

As for dinner, we went to a pretty nice Italian restaurant that was in walking distance of the Sheraton Centre, I have no idea what it was called. It is right near that Mediterranean Seafood restaurant, and the Keg.

the hotel i’ve stayed at was a marriott hotel and the cambridge hotel. there’s a lot to do around younge street. there’s the hockey hall of fame, eaton center, lots of restaurants (elephant & castle is great). theres also some science museums and a lot of other things to do in the area. when you get there, you can get a map of the area so you know what’s around.

Oh also I got the King Edward Le Meredian Hotel on Priceline under the 4*.

Its an old Victorian hotel that the Beatles stayed at before, and some queens and bullshit.

Very small rooms, little technology. It kind of sucked but my girlfriend liked it…

there are a ton of places to stay the night just rty one of those hotel.com or priceline or something like that. I usually stay at the Rogers Centre hotel but this year my room that i booked got messed up sometime so I went on I think hotels.com and they were still able to find me a hotel room for cheap even with ever place booked because of the film festival, big car show and blue jays games

Go to the Guvernment. That is all.

if you find the right hotel to stay at, you can walk just about anywhere, although it’s getting a little colder so cabs wouldn’t be a terrible idea, and they’re somewhat reasonable.

look into the PATH, it’s essentially an underground walkway through the whole city lined with shops/restaurants, stuff like that, but you can walk through the city without being outside, pretty cool.

google some restaurants up there, they have TONS of amazing places to eat up there.

university district has some pretty cool bars, there is this place off of Bloor that used to be 2 or 4 different frat houses and it was converted into one bar, but there’s like 9 different bar rooms inside it was one of the coolest places i’ve seen it’s called the Madison Ave. Pub. steam whistle brewery tour was pretty cool too. I was a pretty big fan of the Mod Club, the DJs there are great, it’s not your average techno/hip hop place they play some sweet indie remixes and just cool music all around.

toronto is an amazing city, just do some research before you go up there so you know where everything is. i would suggest staying close to the eaton centre your first time just so you have a big place nearby and it’s easy to find if you get lost. sheraton centre is a decent place for sure and not too pricey.

here’s a list of decent concerts going on in the next month, check out edge.ca for more shows.

12.04 7:05pm FRANZ FERDINAND Lee’s Palace On Sale Now [MORE INFO]
12.05 3:30pm FRANZ FERDINAND (PRIVATE SHOW) The Masonic Temple Win Tix [MORE INFO]
12.08 6:30pm STAIND Sound Academy On Sale Now [MORE INFO]
12.09 6:30pm RISE AGAINST Hamilton Convention Centre On Sale Now [MORE INFO]
12.11 7:30pm STARS Queen Elizabeth Theatre On Sale Now [MORE INFO]
12.12 7:00pm STARS Queen Elizabeth Theatre On Sale Now [MORE INFO]
12.12 7:05pm METRIC W/ TOKYO POLICE CLUB Sound Academy On Sale Now [MORE INFO]
12.13 7:05pm METRIC W/ TOKYO POLICE CLUB Sound Academy On Sale Now [MORE INFO]
12.13 7:05pm STARS Queen Elizabeth Theatre On Sale Now [MORE INFO]
12.18 7:05pm PROTEST THE HERO Sound Academy On Sale Now [MORE INFO]
12.18 8:00pm THE TREWS W/ MOBILE Phoenix Concert Theatre On Sale Now [MORE INFO]
12.19 6:00pm ALEXISONFIRE Hamilton Convention Centre On Sale Now [MORE INFO]
12.19 7:00pm USS Sound Academy On Sale Now [MORE INFO]
12.19 7:05pm BEAST The Mod Club On Sale Now [MORE INFO]
12.20 7:01pm ALEXISONFIRE Hamilton Convention Centre On Sale Now [MORE INFO]
12.22 6:45pm WWE SUPERSHOW Air Canada Centre On Sale Now [MORE INFO]
01.23 6:30pm THE KILLERS Air Canada Centre On Sale Now [MORE INFO]

Awesome! that was exactly what I was looking for… Too bad all the good shows are not on the dates that i’d like to go up there…
Is there a restaurant on the top of the CN towner? i’d really like to do that…