House Location Suggestions???

You are correct in that. I felt like herded cattle at that place, since at the time I didn’t think I needed the education they could provide.
Sometimes the fact that district has plenty of opportunities, the newest and best of everything, etc… doesn’t mean they have the staff that will help every student find their “calling” in life. At NA, the average student does just slip right through the cracks.

agreed!

I live in Shaler…Sharpshill to be exact. I LOVE the area, quiet, everyone knows everyone. we have a fire dept, corner market, one small bar thats a dive, and a cemetary that takes up half the hill…a great view of the city and can get to all of your locations quickly…look up Bethany Dr Pgh, Pa 15215.

That’s the way it should be! Why should an average kid be any different from any other average kid? If you’re average, you are average. Superstars, whether it be academically, athletically, or whatever, should shine much brighter than someone who is average in that area.

If your own negative against the NA district is that it is “too big” and doesn’t do enough to make “normal, average students” look better, then I would say what NA is a hell of a district.

Edit - Also, if you take a look at the Newsweek Ratings for 2006 schools (the top 1300 in the nation), there are only 6 from the Western PA region

1. Quaker Valley
  2. Peters
  3. Upper St. Clair
  4. Mt. Lebo
  5. Allderdice
  6. North Allegheny

The fact that they are ranking in a national ranking within the past couple of years should say something about the quality of education there.

I’m an NA alumni, and can say I was too busy f’in off to take full advantage of their possiblities. However there are seven kids in my family, and most of them were able to take full advantage. A couple of em were band geeks one of which could have left high school playing for Pittsburgh symphony (some classical shit like that) making $65k a yr (10 yrs ago) but went to CMU for a dual major in music and physics, he now writes program for a video game company in Seattle. He went to CMO with a semester’s worth of credits transfered from NA. Anyways that’s just one of em. The thing about NA is that they are not going to make you excel, but if you apply yourself there are alot of options, in almost any direction you want to take your education.

I’m an NA alumn also. And that above quote is the key message that the printed “rankings” don’t reveal.
Bottom line is that of the top local schools “ranked”, 3 have huge heroin problems. One uses books for common classes that are over 20 years old. One is a building that hasn’t seen renovation in over 20 years. Because they have a strong population of high achievers gets them on the ranking list, when in fact their average to below average students fare far worse than those in other districts.
Rankings don’t show what the school can offer; and that’s what is important to me.
There are local “non-ranked” districts that offer every bit as much, and sometimes more, than what those above schools can. Because they are not ranked shows more to me that the student body as a whole doesn’t apply themselves. It shows me nothing about the district itself or what it has to offer. It just shows that the student body is affluent as a whole, so of course the scores/rankings/anything-based-on-student-achievement is going to be solid.

I’m an NA alumn also. And that above quote is the key message that the printed “rankings” don’t reveal.
Bottom line is that of the top local schools “ranked”, 3 have huge heroin problems. One uses books for common classes that are over 20 years old. One is a building that hasn’t seen renovation in over 20 years. Because they have a strong population of high achievers gets them on the ranking list, when in fact their average to below average students fare far worse than those in other districts.
Rankings don’t show what the school can offer; and that’s what is important to me.
There are local “non-ranked” districts that offer every bit as much, and sometimes more, than what those above schools can. Because they are not ranked shows more to me that the student body as a whole doesn’t apply themselves. It shows me nothing about the district itself or what it has to offer. It just shows that the student body is affluent as a whole, so of course the scores/rankings/anything-based-on-student-achievement is going to be solid.

sewickley academy FTW

best school around

if you wanna deal with kids like 85trnsam :hs:

no dumb fuck its in fox chapel :fart: :love:

no dumbfuck, sewickley acadamy is in sewickley. shadyside academy is in fox chapel