talk to me about pittsburgh

by the end of next week i have to apply for a transfer to another city. im part time right now and my position in buffalo doesnt have any full time openings. there may be more options between now and next week but so far my best choice looks like pittsburgh. anybody live or been out there? pros/cons? ive never been there so i need some help.

Been like an hour way at Wyotech. An hour away = hick country.

all I know is they are fucking me over in FF right now, ugh up by 50 points and then fucking Rohtleroasdfojwhgoiwaehbfiwpoaeburger throws 5 TD’s

I have been out there visiting friends and partying several times. Its a beautiful area. Very scenic.
I liked from what I saw of the city and the people.

lol, this is one of the worst posts i have seen all month :smash2:

Pittsburgh’s name is a derivative of “pitts” and “burg” . Burg indicates a colloquial American term for a town. Pitts being a french term primarily used by women to fortify their political stand on equal rights. As time passed, to gain power within the french government, women refused to shave to show they werent fucking around. This backfired however, and many were forced out of their country, but later exonerated. Thus, the smelly canadian was born.

So I think there’s a lot of smelly Canadians in Puttsburgh, but that’s all I can tell you

Its a great town, I lived there for 2.5 years. What do you want to know?

it was recently voted the #1 city in the country to prosper in when i was listening to the radio the one morning

the area is pretty decent. very hilly as you head east. the burgh is pretty much all hill and bridges. good food, good folks. far less taxes overall than NY.

crazy wierd accents and goofy words. i grew up ~1hr from Pittsburgh in westmoreland county. id love to move back. the roads are so boring up here and the taxes are so high. you get more for the money. from what i saw when i used to work in the consulting engineering field, WNY lags behind the PGH region in technology. it may have changed since then though.

Brian

While Kate was at WVU (Morgantown WV is one hour south of Pitt), we used to head to Pitt for Ikea and Steak & Shake. The Robinson mall was usually pretty decent shopping. No sales tax on clothing, if I recall.

if im going to be living there by myself, with no friends nearby, am i going to want to kill myself? are there good places to meet people? whats the city like compared to buffalo? are there things to keep me occupied on the weekends? nightlife? whats housing like? cost of living.

PS, apparently the job isnt necessarily directly in the city, but in cranberry? never even heard of that.

u. pitt.=great parties

southside=great bars

cranberry is about 30min or so north of pittsburgh right at the intersection of the turnpike and 79. yeah there is a decent amount of things to do. go to quaker steak and lube sometime for all you can eat wing night. mmmmmm food.

someone else might have to chime in about nightlife… all i ever did was look for good places to eat lol.

Brian

pitts owns.

anyone who disagrees is obviously a nerd who cannot make friends, or probably because of mommy issues, or their secret closet fetishes.

My sister has lived there for years, it’s about the same as any major city. Parking sucks, Rents is rediculous, but there are plenty of good times to be had.

About the second year she was there she told me the thing she missed the most was Wegman’s. There are a few grocery stores, but she kept saying how the produce sucked, and how spoiled we were to have such a nice place to buy foodstuffs.

…Oh, and the traffic patterns are fucking horrendous, with all the bridges and tunnels trying to get to where you are going is a mess.

you have to know exactly where you want to go before you get on a bridge. its common for traffic to completely stop as someone makes their way across lanes of a bridge to get to the correct exit. if you miss the an exit, it can be over an hour to take the roundabout way to get there or to get back to where you need to be. especially around the fort pitt tubes.

some driving around learning during off peak traffic times helps.

Brian

good sports city :tup: if your into that

no sales taxes are a huge plus.

lots of things to do. good restaurants, cant vouch for the night life haven’t had a chance to check it out.

but the accents are weird

their o’s are kinda like u’s less nasaly then ny accents

Primanti Bros and Fatheads FTMFW!! I go to Pittsburgh at least 3 or 4 times a year. I plan on relocating to that area after graduation. Great place with plenty to do. It is a rust belt city that is going in the opposite direction.

Station Square / Carson street area is always a happening place with tons of shops, bars, and restaurants.

im living there right now

been there for 2 years

not a bad city at all

Quaker Steak and Lube…fucking awesome place and great wings!

pretty spectacular city. The driving sucks but can be fun at the same time. Stage 3 clutch on some of those hills was rediculous. (more than 30* downslope/up)