talk to me about pittsburgh

Its a shit hole filled with dumb ass steeler fans. It really is one of the worst cities I’ve ever spent any ammount of time in.

[quote=“nappy1380,post:17,topic:38257"”]

Primanti Bros and Fatheads FTMFW!! I go to Pittsburgh at least 3 or 4 times a year. I plan on relocating to that area after graduation. Great place with plenty to do. It is a rust belt city that is going in the opposite direction.

Station Square / Carson street area is always a happening place with tons of shops, bars, and restaurants.

[/quote]

Ummmmm french fries and cole slaw on a sandwich. Does it get any better?

i’ve been to cranberry… i remember it being quite “country”…

quaker steak n lube…mmm…erie is the closest one to buffalo though…

and a plus, if you ever want to drive to florida, you’ll only have to drive a bit through PA…urgh feels like the longest state to drive through.

I lived there for four and a half years. I’d move back if the market was thre for me.

They have a nice Convention Center. It’s pretty scenic. Seems like a nice place from my 4 times there.

Plus I think more chicks are into football than guys. There is a sports bar down the street from the convention center and we were there during conference finals. I would say it was 85% chicks in the bar. Was great. :slight_smile:

Quaker Steak and Lube > *

Oh, Quaker Steak does rule. Is that just a PA thing?

Nope quaker state is pretty much nationwide.

I’ve been to a few of them.

you can go to the cranberry mall??? the burgh is a pretty cool place to live. i went to pitt for a year the parties were great. Some good bars filled with college girls. And you can go to sheetz the best gas station in the world.

sheetz does rule!

Brian

<ray personally i love it, i go there every weekend to visit my mother.

QS&L i think is a northeast thing. ohio, PA, and i think WV…not sure though

and sheetz is so awesome!!! we went there every morning when we went to carlise.

Florida:
Pinellas Park - Clearwater

Georgia:
Douglasville

Iowa:
Council Bluffs - Now Open

Indiana:
Portage - Now Open

North Carolina:
Concord
South Charlotte

Ohio:
Austintown
Beavercreek
Boardman Express
Columbus
Milford
Sheffield
Valley View
Quicken Loans Arena - Cleveland
Canton - Coming Soon!

Pennsylvania:
Bloomsburg
Cranberry Twp.
Erie
Oakland
Pittsburgh Airport, Terminal A
Pittsburgh
Pleasant Hills
Sharon - The Original
State College
PNC Park
Heinz Field

Tennessee:
Knoxville

West Virginia:
Charleston

Wisconsin:
Madison

i used to go to the one in sharon all the time when i was in college till the one in cranberry opened up. last i went they had a lunch wing buffet too. mmmmm wings. :slight_smile:

Brian

[quote=“soopa7fly,post:10,topic:38257"”]

if im going to be living there by myself, with no friends nearby, am i going to want to kill myself? are there good places to meet people? whats the city like compared to buffalo? are there things to keep me occupied on the weekends? nightlife? whats housing like? cost of living.

PS, apparently the job isnt necessarily directly in the city, but in cranberry? never even heard of that.

[/quote]

Cranberry township is a nice suburb, the downside to pittsburgh is driving around a hill for 3 miles to get just about anywhere. There is no direct route to anything and they use this belt system to get around. Its not like the 90 190 290 33 at all.

Nothing is close to anything else you will do alot of driving to get anywhere.

My brother has lived there for almost 10 years and i have been there countless times. Ill tell you what i say to everyone and my brother completely agrees with me. Its a beautiful city, lots to do good looking women and such, but pittsburgians are all rednecks its fucking sickening how many wealthy people down there lack any class at all. My brother owns a house where there is no house with less that 5 bedrooms close by, all 500k + homes filled with douche bags

Don’t take my word for it, like i said its a great city just don’t expect to like any natives if you like the people from here. The only people i have met through my brother that i like were all from other states.

[quote=“Afrank45,post:28,topic:38257"”]

you can go to the cranberry mall??? the burgh is a pretty cool place to live. i went to pitt for a year the parties were great. Some good bars filled with college girls. And you can go to sheetz the best gas station in the world.

[/quote]

OMG sheetz gives me a boner. My in laws think we are nuts for wanting to go there as often as we do. But on the same note they cant get enough of galleria mall or wegmans so take that how you will…

well considering my only other options so far are nebraska, idaho, milwaukee, wisconsin, and a few other midwestern locations, pittsburgh is sounding pretty nice right now.

+1 to Cranberry. I had a cousin live their for a few years. They put on a mean fireworks show on the fourth on July, but then again so does the city. :tup: I am relocating to Pittsburgh in the next 2/3 years.

[quote=“soopa7fly,post:35,topic:38257"”]

well considering my only other options so far are nebraska, idaho, milwaukee, wisconsin, and a few other midwestern locations, pittsburgh is sounding pretty nice right now.

[/quote]

its not a bad choice, its close to home but on the downside any of those other places you can probably live better on a salary than pittsuburgh.

Pittsburgh has a similar cost of living to Buffalo… Housing/Rents are reasonable

Great Bar Scene, lots of cool neighborhoods and strips.

The Pizza is terrible, and you will hear strange words like “yins” a lot.

They will deliver beer to your door, but you cannot buy it anywhere else except for beer stores and bars.

The driving is not too bad once you get used to it, there are much worse cities to live in for traffic.

The city is a lot like Buffalo in it’s “small town” nature, but it is a bit more “happening” especially downtown and in a few other areas. Don’t let that fool you though, the actual economy is terrible under the skin (think cleveland)

Primanti’s is the shit. I miss it dearly.

It is easy to make friends, people are friendly for the most part, but obviously has it’s share of redneck douchebags.

If I had to live there again, I would probably live in Shadyside/Squirrel Hill area or out in Greentree vicinity.

For the most part, my experience was positive there, I met a lot of great people, experienced a lot of great things.

there was one good pizza place i went to there a couple of blocks away from mellon arena. dont remember the name though

[quote=“FBodyMadnezz,post:39,topic:38257"”]

there was one good pizza place i went to there a couple of blocks away from mellon arena. dont remember the name though

[/quote]

Yeah there is a place by my brother’s old place that wasnt bad, its hit or miss but definitely not as many good places as here. Just don’t get chicken wings but everyone knows that anyway.