How crazy are you...

…about cleaning your car?

I’m just curious…I must be the only idiot in the club that spends a LOOOOOONG time washing my car. Today I started at 2:30, and by 6:15 I had to eat dinner. I still have to go out and spend probably about another hour conditioning the rubber seals and cleaning the glass.

Of course, the reason it took so long is that I cleaned the exterior paint, all the drip rails, door sills and edges, under the hood (literally :)) and trunk lid, engine compartment, and I jacked the car up corner by corner and cleaned the wheel wells, brake calipers/rotors and insides of my rims. Of course, most of this stuff has to be done only once a year anyway, thank god. :smiley:

Yeah I’m pretty anal about washing my car.

Being an ex-detailer, I really can’t help myself :stuck_out_tongue: I’ll wash my car every 2nd day, and wax once a week. I’m also really fussy about the interior, I use leather conditioner on the dash and all the panels.

I spend a lot of time cleaning my car, but hey, it’s just another excuse to touch it :smiley:

Try using something a little larger than a Q-tip. That should speed things up substantially. :lol:

My car gets the $2 speed wash at Hughes…and it shows!

I could never be a detailer because I’d only be able to do one car a day. If my exterior and interior were dirty, it would take me about 8 hours to do the whole thing.

Matt, you only spend $2 washing your car? I’m shocked…looked to me like you had the ming paint treatment and everything. Hey, at least your rear wheels are shiny. :E

The “Ming paint treatment” does not = excellence in paint finishes.

Ehh, I had it done on my car and it seems to have made the paint deeper, and maybe a little more shiny. Which is fine for now, until it gets repainted in a few years.

The only downside to it is that the fuckers that did it left some of the treatment spray in crevices and stuff and it dried there, leaving white residue on the car that I CANNOT get off. Lazy mofos.

Ehh I just bought a power polisher and did my car myself. Turned out really awesome, the roof looked like crap before, now it just looks like poo :oops:

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/9/web/777000-777999/777151_15_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/9/web/777000-777999/777151_16_full.jpg

The roof is completely dry in both pics, and that white stuff on half of the roof is actually the paint :vom: What a difference!

I’m so crazy my car doesn’y even get washed once a month. And then only very quickly. Power polishing can be a good thing for old paint.

I’m crazy enough to put a lot of time to washing my mom’s car because I love it so much :E