How did you find the last 2 vehicles you bought?

The CR-Z FS thread got me wondering how many people are search craigslist for cars vs autotrader.com. Almost all the car’s I’ve bought have been autotrader.com finds.

Most recent: internal work site, friend, Nyspeed, dealer, dealer, dealer, friend, lost track

Truck was through a friends dealer but that’s because it was brand new. Last few motorcycles have been CL.

Someone told me craigslist was full of fucktards so I never bothered using it. True story.

Last 2 cars were new and from local-ish dealers. With employee discount dealers cannot really go below until late in the model year and they are all extremely aggressive. Some will do more on trade making it worth calling around.
My V, I shopped autotrader for a while since I was looking for a particular rare color/package combo and flew to go get it, but again that was a new car.

last 2 were found on autotrader through out of state factory dealers.

My last two cars were craigslist. Prior to that, I think I went on a spree of 4 cars and one bike all from members on here. I just helped my sister buy a car off craigslist this past weekend. Helped another family member last year and had a real hard time on craigslist and ended up finding her car on autotrader.

edit- I think to go further into this, it would help to note the purchase prices. All the cars I’ve gone through on craigslist have been under $5k. The one I helped find on autotrader was over $5k. Price point I feel makes a big difference, especially on the cheaper end, where craigslist flourishes lol.

Was just going to add this. Sub 5k cars it’s harder to justify the cost of listing them on autotrader so I I’m sure that’s why you see then more as craigslist vehicles. Plus most people aren’t willing to drive much outside of their local craigslist region on a sub 5k car.

The boat I bought over the summer was a craigslist find. I was searching craigslist and boattrader.com in that case. The one I sold was sold through craigslist. My snowmobile was bought and sold with craigslist and in that case craigslist was the only place I was really looking when I was shopping.

autotrader was where i found last 2 bmws…always my first to go site…
now, however i would also look at cargurus, carfax, cars.com…a lot of the same cars are on multiple, but those 4 are the best IMO.
all bikes were CL, except 1 of current ones was just walking into dealer.

Craigslist

The last 10 or so have mostly found me.

Basil.

since ive been out west…

72 c10 : craigslist
e30 : BAT
70 c10 : craigslist
1990 Harley : craigslist
1994 Harley : craigslist

BWM, then NYSpeed.

Dealer, bought the last 6 new Honda’s between the wife & I.

If a motorcycle is considered a vehicle, craigslist.

08 duramax- craigslist
13 silverado-basil
02 mustang- ebay

My last few car purchases have been through friends/word of mouth. I picked up my bike from a guy on CL.

Last 2 were both dealers. Wife’s Equinox through a friend at West Herr. And Joe Baisl for my Silverado.

My evo I bought from a friend because he was telling me he was selling it.
My truck I bought at a dealership. Just found it in the parking lot
my GTR I bought from a Facebook post.