How do you feel about the supreme courts ruling of Heller vs DC?

As some of you may have heard the supreme court ruled washington DC’s handgun ban unconstitutional today.

I personally think it’s a step in the right direction for this country

Its about god damn time this illegal law is removed.

While I’m quite pleased to see the draconian ban overturned, I find it slightly disconcerting that 4 of the 9 voted against our individual right to keep and bear arms.

And that the said Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms…

-Samuel Adams

I can’t imagine that those justices are so poorly informed to have not read the founders true thoughts on this issue. The logical conclusion should scare the pants off of any Freedom Loving, law abiding citizen.

I can’t imagine that those justices are so poorly informed to have not read the founders true thoughts on this issue. The logical conclusion should scare the pants off of any Freedom Loving, law abiding citizen.

Let’s not forget that many of those same founders turned on freedom pretty meanly during the later half of the 1790s- so it’s not that much of a stretch for folks today.

Back on-topic: I’m thrilled with the outcome. I think it’s a HUGE victory for Second Amendment supporters and is going to have implications for decades to come.

It’s about time we finally fucking won one!!

Justices who voted to affirm our gun rights: :bigthumb:
Antonin Scalia, John Roberts, Samuel Alito, Anthony Kennedy, Clarence Thomas.

Justices who voted to deny us our gun rights: :madfawk:
Ruth Bader Ginsburg, David Souter, Stephen Breyer, John Paul Stevens

WOW, weren’t Roberts and Alito just appointed by GEORGE BUSH??
Good job George! :bigok:

Presidential candidate’s reactions to the decision:

John McCain welcomed the ruling as “a landmark victory for Second Amendment freedom.” :bigthumb:

Barack Obama, straddling both sides of the issue, said merely that the court did not find an unfettered right to bear arms and that the ruling “will provide much-needed guidance to local jurisdictions across the country.” :jerkit:

I guess I know who I am voting for this November…

I guess I know who I am voting for this November…

Glad to see you post that. I’ll be voting with pride for McCain as well.

This ruling really affirms the NRA’s strategy for the past 15 years or so.

about time…myself anf my old man hate the fact that goingto dc allways forgets that the gun is inthe truck

and he goes there about 3-6 a month

Only would politicians spend all this time claiming we did not have the right when it is very clear in the Constitution…

FTFY :smiley:

these people are the enemies of freedom.

Justices who voted to deny us our gun rights:
Ruth Bader Ginsburg, David Souter, Stephen Breyer, John Paul Stevens

this is honestly the first thing I can remember in Bush’s presidency that actually went ok. But then again, the court almost fucked up interpreting something that is laid out in plain English in the most important, visible part of the constitution.

This country is so full of fail.

guns dont kill people illegal guns kill people… why would you take the guns away from the inocent so that ony criminals would have guns…and people couldnt defend themselves

imagine what will happen if in the next year a politician gets shot with a legal gun in DC.

not a big gun person but cant see how they could have no guns in DC but its the 2nd Amendment right. what ev.

Hell only hear about the handguns in DC, what about the rifles and shotguns? To have eith of these in your ho,me, they must be unloaded and disassemblied or have trigger locks installed.

just think of it,

criminal low life breaks into home, while you ask “Please give a minute to put my gun together and go get some ammo.”

Fucking retarded…

So whos the freedom hating bastard that voted disagree.

lol

I did, fuck guns and their owners.

wow i’m stoked that so many of you guys agree with the decision

you do realize this is a western Pennsylvania based forum, right?

hahaha nah i wasn’t aware of that

sad thing is…the dem liberals think guns in the hands of honorable citizens is what starts violence…in there minds…any gun held by any person in defence is criminal…notice how they allways defend the criminals!..they think its unfair for you and i do defend ourselves…and the news media goes rite along with them…this ruling saved us…sad thing is…they had to have a ruling on our god given rite to defend ourselves…and that sadens me…