Good pro gun video

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4069761537893819675

Oh and found this too

I <3 Guns

lol at douchebag Chuck Schumer

I’ve never seen that, added to favorites, looks like common sense ideas that some people never think about.

Yeah thats about it right there. It was an amazing video and a compelling story, especialy for anyone who would otherwise doubt that we still infact need the second amendment.

If you ever had a daughter that was attacked, a mother that was beaten, or a house that was invaded, you might see what this woman sees plainly. Unfortunatly the same people that are “free thinkers” eat the MSNBC and CNN BS hook line and sinker.

I completely agree. Remember…I am the one that thinks fully autos should be legal lol. I’m a gun nut. I’ll say it proudly. But there comes a great responsibility to owning a firearm, and in this day in age, the less people are responsible for the better, or so it seems. There is almost no such thing as personal responsibility anymore.

my gfs dad is from Chicago. his house was broken into while he was living in chicago. After it happened he went out and purchased a 357.
You tell me, if someone was to break into your house and try to harm your wife,or children, I don’t care what kind of weapon they have, if any.
They should not be in your house for any reason and I know for a FACT I would grab my gun and blow their head off, not one question in my mind.
I would sit in jail for 10 years realizing my family is safe, rather then attend my childrens funeral.

:bigclap:

My pistol permit class is on Monday, I fully support the 2nd amendment.

im 50/50 on the whole 2nd amendment. Yes we have the right to arms however its a different day and age. While i do wish that everyone should have a way to protect themselves against intruders, i also feel that in todays day there are alot more stressers and such to drive a man mad.

So while i agree everyone has a right to arms, i cant help but be concerned about the certain individuals that would abuse such a right. Unfortunatly its the bad eggs that ruin it for everyone.

Like i said, im 50/50 on the whole thing. Both sides have there points and if there were strict gun laws that made assult rifles/guns imposible to get, then that lady would still be talking to her parents today because the crazy man woulda had no weapons.

but we dont live in a perfect world so who knows whats right anymore. Back when they made the 2nd amendment people wernt murdering people in masses just to be famous, or because they had a bad day at work. It was because of the invasions on our home land.

This is something I’ve been saying for ever. I have no problem with responsible people having guns.

1. People should be held much more responsible for their weapons… If you cant afford a nice safe, or proper place to secure a firearm. You don’t deserve to have a gun.

2. Not everyone should be allowed to have a weapon.

Um no? Do you think that anyone who is fucking nuts enough to do something like that is going to obey the gun laws? If someone wants to get their hand on something, they can. You can go in the city and buy a handgun off some guy on the street. The only people who are effected by the laws are the law abiding citizens. America has more guns than people. No gun law is going to stop someone from obtaining a gun through shady means and committing a crime.

So how about everyone has a carry permit and a handgun on them at all times.

Sounds alot like the wild west. Might as well settle all disputes with a showdown at high noon.

The Second Amendment is not about your right to protect yourself from the Government.

:picard:

Convince me then.

Give me evidence the 2nd Amendment was placed due to the fear of the gov’t.

Read your history. What does it mean then?

The constitution and Bill of Right do not tell us what we CAN do. It tells the Government what they Can’t take away from us, becuase they are our basic god givenn rights as free men.

There are many parts of the Bill of Rights that have been limited over time: You can’t scream FIRE in a crowded area, the federal gov’t has taken on a lot of responsibility that goes against the reserve clause, due process has been suspended on certain cases, freedom of religion isn’t completely protected.

The second amendment was placed for the protection of the people in case of indian attack and the threat of a european country trying to invade. We did not have a standing army. We did not have a navy. We were wide open for attack and relied heavily on privately funded state militias for protection. Since the gov’t had no money to raise and train an army it was necessary to make sure the populace was armed incase of invasion and a militia needed to be formed.

I have read my history, thats what my Masters is in, American History, with a concentration and thesis in American Constitutional Historiography.

You should try reading your history, and I don’t just mean your high school textbook, since those haven’t really been written by historians for decades.

Go to UB Lockwood Library and pickup American Political Tradition by Joseph Hofstader or E Pluribus Unum by Forest McDonald. Noted and respected historians in American political thought.

Ya know I do believe that firearms should be much easier to obtain legally than they currently are. I also think that the person doesnt just need a safe but a psych exam before being allowed own one. Also not to mention a safety class for them and maybe even their house hold (provided that they are blood relatives). I personally think that anyone can obtain a gun if they so desire, but obviously not legaly. Unfortunately the ratio of legal and illegal guns seems to be skewed towards the illegal side in some parts of the cointry. Also common sence seems to be lacking in the general population now a days. A perfect example of that would be the 15 year old shmuck that shot himself in the face.

I dunno. i think that people really need to be edgucated propperly when it comes to gun controll (as in personal discipline) Actually this will sound super unconstitutional but some countries have millitary training for civilians after high school. Granted Israel does it for 5 years and im deffinitely not saying lets get htrown in boot camp for 5 years. But i think that maybe a 6 month stint wouldnt be that bad. And hell it might even help keep some people out of trouble.

Isreal is in an on going war forever. they do this to protect there borders. thats why they do this. even with the cease fire they still know war can break out anyday.

I dont think scyc exams will prove anything. They give police officers and boarder patrol scyc exams and there not all perfect law abiding citizens. there allowed to cary handguns and use them. Take for example the situation in Bart.