How expensive are 240sx parts compared to honda or toyota?

Hello,

I was recently told by my driving instructor that Nissan parts are more expensive than honda or toyota parts and that I should buy a honda civic or a toyota corolla as my first car. I wanted to know first hand your opinion about the price difference between nissans (particularly the 240sx) and hondas/toyotas. Thanks all.

-Alan

honda there is much more aftermarket available for them so the prices are competativly lower.

I would rank the costlyness of parts by company in decending order top being the most pricey

mazda
toyota
nissan
honda
hyundai
deawoo ? havn’t ever had to get parts for one so I can’t say.

mazda parts are by far the most expensive parts out there be it dealership oem replacement or aftermarket.

nissan parts are fairly easy to locate and from what I have purchased aren’t really too bad price wise, but in all cases you get what you pay for, if you go el-cheapo parts they will suck and break etc…

have fun look around check the buy/sell section and stay away from ebay (nothin but crap on thier anyway)

and come see me if you need brakes etc.

later

James

Wow you would rank toyota parts as expensive? i swear the dude told me that toyota corolla parts are cheep. I smell shiftyness

He teaches people how to drive… he is not a car expert.

Listen to him when he tells you to apply the brakes, not when you are buying a car.

Yeah I tend to agree with that statement… 'cos some of the stuff my driving instructor said was totally bogus (about car-related purchases). That isn’t to say none of them know anything, though.

nissan/toyota/honda/

ford/chevy/chrystler

mercedes/bmw/audi

its the same class, im sure certain things are more for a nissan but certain things are less too.

Thank you for the advice it looks as if the ballpark on the first cars will be as follows

either a honda civic, 240sx, or an acura integra 1992-1993. These are all affordable cars since they will most likely be older ones like in the 1992 year range :slight_smile: