HOW FAST WERE THE OLDER MUSCLE CARS? "Dream Car Garage" Tests Them!

The AMX, Mustang and Challenger are the only sub mid sized cars. They should have tested a Ram Air IV GTO considering the LS6 Chevelle, Stage 1 Buick, Boss 429 and others out class the Ram Air III.

My dad always told me his 70 LT1 Vette smoked Hemi cars :haha

You just had to throw in the Warranty, didn’t you?

I want a black SS chevelle sooooo bad

:rofl

Geez, you really like that warrantee, don’t ya?? :lol

It really is amazing how much “quicker” cars have gotten in general over the past 20-30 yrs. My average, common (not the SER, but Altima’s in general) japanese sedan runs the same times as my uncle’s old 1981 BMW M1 (yes, one of only 456 produced, one of 18-20 ever brought to the US, he sold it before I was born :headbang :headbang :headbang), mid-14’s. And that was a supercar of it’s time.

Wonder how fast the 2040 base Honda Civic will be :runaway I’m thinking 11.5 @ 145

is your cobalt yellow?

take a look at his sig pic…:lol

forum pics disabled when I’m on the work 'puter. >:(

You and that friggin warranty. Shoulda just bought a Hyundai :crackup

Dont forget the addition of traction / tire put many of these cars in the 12’s.

Yeah seriously, whats the 60ft and traps speeds?

you shouldnt be on shift at work, gtfo :lol

…PS his car is blue ;D

I’m at work now and the images load fine. I don’t think my network blocks anything though…

I saw the episode on TV… it’s pretty cool.

just biased bullshit i dont think there has been a stock mustang ever beat a chevy muscle car

Wow, thanks for posting this. I have always wondered what they would run in stock form. I always hearted the Mach 1.

Ill have to see if i can get out my fathers cars and snap some pics…65’ GTO convert. 4 spd, 421 tri-power, and a 67’ Catiliena convert. 400ci

Stage 2, please don’t take this as a personal attack…

But does anyone else think that referring to a cars modification status in ‘stages’ is fucking stupid?

That’s what it’s sold as, it’s like the Neon SRT4 packages, they sell the cars from the factory in ‘Stages’

he disabled sig pics (it’s a setting in your profile)… he didn’t say they were blocked