How is your AIG stock doing?

looking good to me. :lol:

pfft

they still don’t deserve their bonuses!

I actually hold a fund that has them in it and had not checked any of my funds for that matter in about three months. Good day for me!

I bought 1000 shares @ 7.50 per share in March :tup:

AIG stock up 274% in August

Pretty well actually, thanks for asking :slight_smile:

The absolute shit has been rallying the most…AIG FNM FRE etc… Never underestimate the amount of suckers for a “bargain”

My friend just put $5,000 into AIG at $48 today. i told him he was crazy to buy at the end of the day…

I hope I am wrong and it goes up another 25% tomorrow, but I’m not being optimistic about it (because I didn’t buy in as well.)

:carnut Nice work!

Pre-split? :lol:

While it may be virtual money, I’ve been getting a feel for the market on virtualstockexchange.com. Wish I would have held on to them. WTF! I bought a boatload of share for tomorrows exchange anyways.

So can anyone tell me what’s improved about the company’s fundamentals since the stock bottomed out? Cause it seems to me they still underwrote way too many bad derivatives, had to get bailed out by the govt, and now said govt is entitled to the lion’s share of any “Profits” :lol: they might see any time soon.

Wait, never mind, BUY BUY BUY! It’s the nature of our current economy! :bloated:

AIG more than normal seems to ahve these huge pump and dump cycles. It looks like it is getting ready to e ripe for shorting if you ask me.

Usually when the average person says it’s a great time to buy a stock that is overpriced, it is time to sell.

I got excited for a minute when I remember picking up 1,000 shares for $0.80 a share. I guess it reverse split 1:20. Still nice tho.

Using fundamentals can be deadly. Moves can go so far against the fundamental data that there’s no way a retail trader can expect to use them safely. Look at the US, we fundamentally should have had a depression by now in all reality…but nopers! The American way isn’t slow n’ steady…it’s balls to the wall GO GO GO. Prop shit up just to give the fat kid his ice cream and make him stop his crying.

Problem is fundamental data is RATIONAL. What about the market is rational? I know so many fundies traders that are assed out here because they were so convinced factual that the market HAD to fall. Insolvency will wreck a company, but they get government bailouts. Who’s gonna help an insolvent retail trader? Trade what you see, not what you think or can rationalize. :slight_smile:

This is why I love TA, it’s probability based. It’s saying, at this level I can see supply may come in and put an end to the rally. This way you also have a clear point to exit at. Fundamental data is kind of inactionable IMO.

lol@another 15% today…

:word:@TB

I think it’s important to use both. A purely technical trader buys and sells based on a chart, without any indication of what they’re actually buying. Sure they might pick out support to buy Bear Stearns at, but its fundamentals that made it go to 0.
I use fundamentals to make my stock pics, and TA to let me know when to act on them

I have also gained a lot of respect an love for TA.

I use to think it was voodoo. Now I think it is real world alchemy.

I still hate TA. I’ll look at it, but it’s a necessary evil