how many bone stock cars run better than 14.50 1/4 mile

mid fourteens was good back in about 96 When my car ran high fourteens stock lol.

I’ve never drag raced before, but I bet my mazdaspeed3 could beat a 14.5

edit: car and driver ran a 14.1 when they tested the mazdaspeed3

here is one “bone stock” running a 13.7 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_hfU0Dknss

They’re laying around everywhere for $25k

You are correct, but these cars at $25K that are for sale can not be found in the WNY area with under 60k miles, CPO? You most likely but other not. I sure there’s a few 300+miles from Buffalo, but not everyone going to drive that far from home. (xwalkerx, Newman, etc will go out of state to get a car, most others would not bother) If someone wants to pay 25k for a car that was 80k, can they afford the maintenance? Maybe, maybe not, but I sure wouldn’t roll that dice.

^Not to go off topic but another reason Buffalo sucks is that you have to search at LEAST 300 miles on autotrader to find good cars. This market sucks. The cars you do find around here are black. How the fuck wants a black car around here?

u cant really say 9.2 1/8 = 14.2 1/4 thats just dumb. obviously a turboed car will make up time on the second half of the track.

AWD makes a difference as well. Good launch but more weight to carry.

how much time? A half-second or so? A 14 second car still isn’t fast. Most people wouldn’t even consider it quick. Quck, “for a stock vehicle”, yeah maybe.

picked one up in Binghamton for $26k with 65k miles on it runs like a charm

I drove my s10 in the rain, light backend hard wide tires, posi, high stall. drifting is fun. the whole point of owning a fast summer ride is fun. ofcourse it wouldnt run an 8.0 but wouldnt have been that far off with slicks, and a proper distributor.

I’m not seeing the point in this. tons of street rodders dont drive in the rain tons do.

Drove my mustang to the work in the rain yesterday, best run this year is 7.53 in the 1.8th at 96.01 mph. Yes people daily drive quick cars

I drove my Firebird through a couple winters

all that is man

I guess NYspeed needs to define “daily driver.” I understand driving your 7’s car to work here and there because I’ve done it since the late 90’s into the early 2000’s, but I would not consider this as a daily driver. (Mshadow is an exception)

my summer rod is my only car on the road more times than not

A daily driver is a car that you drive on a daily basis. Even if you drive a fucking NASCAR stock car every day, it’s a daily driver.

It may SUCK driving a NASCAR spec stock car 15k miles/year, but that doesn’t change the fact that you drive it everyday, so it’s a DD…

I counldn’t agree more!

The biggest factor is the age of the vehicle. Newer cars are coming out with a hell of a lot more hp than older cars. Factory hp > modified hp
So it is becoming alot easier to DD a high hp car than something you put together in your garage.

I drove my cobra daily for a month this summer. Tires would come out at 1500 in 4th with half throttle. Runs high 7’s in the 1/8 but capable of way better haha.

There are cars though that are comfy and fast, they cost some monies. There are plenty of cars too that can be made fast without being absurdly loud, 4V/3V mustangs, Evos, SRT-4s, S2000s. Pushrod V-8’s are a good cheap way to go fast but they are usually very loud once they get a lot of power.

Pics? Don’t think I’ve ever seen, or heard, what kind of car this is.

FYI…many full size pick up trucks run in the mid-low 14’s right off the showroom floor.