how many bone stock cars run better than 14.50 1/4 mile

With a centri s/c at 1500rpm in 4th gear you could break the tires loose?

btw I see you alll the time on central…

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

Back on the subject of how many stock cars run faster then 14.5 stock

Off the top of my head cars currently in production

Genesis Coupe
Challenger
Camaro
Mustang
Everything Porsche except for the base SUV
A bunch of mercades
A bunch of BMWs
SRT4 Neon
TBSS
SRT8 Jeep
Base WRX
STI
Evo
370z
G35
Corvette

Actually there is a whole ton more the Camry V6 runs 14.3 according to motortrend…You can add Accord, Altima, and Maxima to that list also.

I meant to say when I drove it in the rain. Yeah it don’t make shit at 1500, but with 315 DR’s in the rain it was hairy at times.

lol I think the new chevy duramax 2500’s break the 14 second mark. (not magazine test but some owner on a diesel forum)

You should have made this thread 13.50 or quicker…

Everything runs 14s now.

This is not that impossible i mean 7.50 is high elevens in the quarter if i an remember correctly, my black 1g dsm ran 7.95 on a small 16g on stock cams at 20 psi…im sure that i could get around 7.50 in my galant with 272 cams and a evo3 16 on 24 psi or so with good tires and driving…and fuck rain i can drive that in the snow with a trunk full of fuckin groceries. Plus there is more than a few guys on here with evos that could do this without a problem

Jesus fucking christ I now know why reading comprehension scores are in the shitters. Stock, not sort of stock, or a stock turbo but with every other bolt on and a tune, stock. Fuck, on a stock block GTO TT guys are making 1000rwhp.

My '11 GT supposedly runs high 12’s with the new 5.0 from the vids I’ve been watching.

What other kind of stock is there?

SRT4 was def the cheapest car to run 13’s off the factory floor.

212, that is my guess.

We went off on a daily driver tangent there. I think it would be more interesting to talk about daily driven fast cars than just stock cars in general. Daily driven 600hp car or 150hp miata that sits in the garage? FWD V6 family sedans are as quick as cobras from the 90s, got it. Who cares? A new ZO6 could be daily driven and can do 11’s stock, 10’s with different tires. To get that speed 20 years ago people drove cars that were no where near as comfortable as a new Z06. I don’t get why it would be so hard to understand that technology advances rapidly.

It is pretty dumb to not know what is out there before you start modding something. If you end up with $10k into something, and it is still slow, uncomfortable, and less reliable than stock you lose. I’d hate to built something and lose to a guy in his altima with his family in the car. Should have saved your time and got the altima that gets better fuel economy, is comfy, and reliable. The only reason I drive a loud, uncomfortable, unreliable cobra is because it is as fast as a ZO6 in a straight line for 1/6 the price.

There was a V6 altima on here for $5800, I’m sure people have spent that much modding something to get it to do a 14.0 and ended up with a car that wasn’t as nice of a daily driver as a stock altima. The point is, get the most for your money, stock or modded. Ending up with a car of equivalent performance to something stock for the same price is stupids. Go big or go stock, because stock is pretty damn good nowadays.

Yeah, the old Mustang 5.0’s were lucky to see 15’s in the quarter-mile stock.

Fox bod 5.0’s saw some low 14’s if they were no option LX’s with 5 speeds. 305hp 4V cobras trap about 101, like a V6 altima haha. The non-PI 2V’s were terrible, whenever people start putting money into those I cringe considering what is out there today.

Are you sure it wasn’t a Cobalt SS ?

the question i quoted and replied to stated
"Who do you know that runs 7.50 or better AND its their daily driver…nowhere in that fucking sentence did it say that the car had to be fucking stock…the original poster asked what cars ran these times stock. This i understand but the question i replied to had nothing to do with stock vs. modded it was how much of a daily can a 7.50 car be. My answer is a dsm can do those times for sub 5 g’s and be tame as shit. relax yourself

My last Buick grand national ran 8.6s in the 1/8 stock.and theres no doubt it could be driven everyday.Also my t type i have now is modded ran an 7.3 in the 1/8 and 11.7 in the quarter and could easily be driven daily and gets great mileage.

335s are supposed to be mid to high 13’s stock.

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

ps, shifty, whatd you pay for your m3?

I run mid 11s

I daily drive it

Its slammed

I drove it last winter without snows

I like it

That said, 14.5 nowadays is slow as balls. Many cars can do that.

I put more miles on the Trans Am in a year than I do on the shadow. I drive it in the rain. It run’s 10.50’s. Trans am is out as soon as snow melts (none of that gay wait for the salt to wash away bullshit).

^a true mans man.