how much for brakes

I’m gonna be shopping around for new brakes in the next little while… getting some grinding. How much should I be paying for new pads & rotors (assuming that’s the problem) for a 95 240se? I’d look into x-drilled depending on how pricey.

Jason

Hey, another person from the Hammer. Introduce yourself in the new members section. Brakes are cheap…don’t worry about it.

John Stuart Brake on the East side is good. Discs for $30, pads for $30, rebuilt calipers for $80 (with core charge).

You can always go to Crappy tire though.

How are they going for so cheap when shops like Midas etc. charge like $500+ ??

Jason

Are you looking to install them yourself or a shop?

Labour for all four pads and rotors in a shop can go for 4+ units (hours). Times that by ~$90/hr and you’ve got $360 worth of labour, plus the cost of the pads and rotors on top of that.

They’re very easy to install yourself if you know anything about cars.

True enough, its a time factor though 'cuz of work so I think I might be stuck with going to a shop :frowning:

Jason

I got the brake pads from crappy tire today. They said I’d have to get the rotors from the dealer since the 5-lug rotor has been discontinued (or crappy tire decided just not to carry it). I’m going to try NAPA tomorrow. Do you guys know of a store in Mississauga where I can get them for a good price? Where’s this John Stuart Brake place?

Hey I just ordered 5-lug rotors from NAPA for my car and it cost me $19/ea for rr and $26/ea for the fr. Good deal eh? Just thought i’d brag about a little something :wink:

Well do the math. Even at those great prices sidewayssilvias14 is mentioning:

Discs @ $30 x 4 = $120
Pads @ $30 x 4 = $120
New Calipers @ $80 x 2 (just assuming 2 need replacing) = $160
Total = $400 + tax + shipping

And that’s not even including the man hours if you take it to a shop.

I just replaced the pads and rotors on my S13. Got it all at CT for something like $400 total, and installed them myself. Expect to pay anywhere from $300-500 depending on quality, plus installation.

Good deal?

Hopefully… only time will tell. :wink: