How to make kent's car look nicer

I think you mean more traction(bigger contact patch in cornering). It’s toe that effects tire wear by the way. A little camber will not effect wear. It’s for wheel fitment as well. Obviously you don’t have to worry about that. :oops:[/quote]

That’s quite the statement!! I have to point out that your wrong though. camber severely effects tire wear, and a little negative camber can help cornering grip but too much is just for the “drifter look”. and negative camber does effect your overall grip, it reduces your acceleration and braking grip quite alot. and for the average daily driven car, negative camber does nothing because your not pushing your car to the limit through the corners. so you might as well improve the tire wear and acceleration and braking performance unless your really into the track days or the look.

I think you mean more traction(bigger contact patch in cornering). It’s toe that effects tire wear by the way. A little camber will not effect wear. It’s for wheel fitment as well. Obviously you don’t have to worry about that. :oops:[/quote]

Yeah… I’m still going to have to disagree with you there. I said in the REAR. It WILL effect tire wear, toe and camber are the alignment factors that effect tire wear the most. SAI and castor ar the ones that don’t effect tire wear. I understand negative camber helps you corner better when turning but only in the FRONT. When your looking at something in terms of tire fitment, then yes, a little camber goes along way, but when looking at a performance aspect why would you want to have big rims? Then you have a greater unsprung weight and more overall rolling mass compared to the same rim of smaller diameter.

His car is tracked so why should he care? I’m sure the “drifters” adjust their camber in hopes of more even wear. We should all just run 0 everything with 15 x 7 +40 so we can all have even tire wear, better acceleration/braking, less unsprung weight… oh and don’t forget you sunken battleship fitment. Yaaaahhhh. That would be schweeeet.

EDIT: BTW I have daily driven a car with more than 2 degrees of negative camber, and it had absolutely no effect on wear(even).

http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/9837/notlowenough4ku0ki.jpg

http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/2105/10324169ss3xk.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b342/ayuaddict/owie.jpg

^ouch haha

SEE. Track car^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yeah… I’m still going to have to disagree with you there. I said in the REAR. It WILL effect tire wear, toe and camber are the alignment factors that effect tire wear the most. SAI and castor ar the ones that don’t effect tire wear. I understand negative camber helps you corner better when turning but only in the FRONT. When your looking at something in terms of tire fitment, then yes, a little camber goes along way, but when looking at a performance aspect why would you want to have big rims? Then you have a greater unsprung weight and more overall rolling mass compared to the same rim of smaller diameter.[/quote]

Oh god not this shit again!!! why don’t u take a look at a time attack car and tell me how much camber they have and the size of their rims and then you can start preaching about all the affects on tire wear and breaking. And we can see you don’t like camber or big rims by looking at your cars. I would have sex with this car right now. And why does everyone worry sooo much about tire wear??? we live in fricken edmonton you only have a couple months of good weather. So fucking enjoy it and stop bitching about tire wear have some fun and burn some tires while you can!

That’s quite the statement!! I have to point out that your wrong though. camber severely effects tire wear, and a little negative camber can help cornering grip but too much is just for the “drifter look”. and negative camber does effect your overall grip, it reduces your acceleration and braking grip quite alot. and for the average daily driven car, negative camber does nothing because your not pushing your car to the limit through the corners. so you might as well improve the tire wear and acceleration and braking performance unless your really into the track days or the look.[/quote]

Hmmmm let’s see, necc had how many track days during this summer so far ? 5 , and 1 more coming up in september … D-Sport practices every 2nd thursday, also 3 events in total this summer, lethbridge autocross and drift event, SCC coming up too…

In Edmonton, if you are even a half enthusiast, you have all the reasons to push your summer car more towards the track use than practical street use…

and there is nothing with"drifter/track look" ?! These cars ment to be drifted/tracked…

and please, if you are running 16’s on your stock ride height, please stop talking about “negative camber issues”. Try to fit anything bigger and properly slam your car and you will realize why the entire drifting world, starting with japs from 80’s, been doing the “drifter look”.

http://www.kaotikaz.com/members/liljake/fullsize/liljakenc.jpg

oh those mazda trucks …

Yeah… I’m still going to have to disagree with you there. I said in the REAR. It WILL effect tire wear, toe and camber are the alignment factors that effect tire wear the most. SAI and castor ar the ones that don’t effect tire wear. I understand negative camber helps you corner better when turning but only in the FRONT. When your looking at something in terms of tire fitment, then yes, a little camber goes along way, but when looking at a performance aspect why would you want to have big rims? Then you have a greater unsprung weight and more overall rolling mass compared to the same rim of smaller diameter.[/quote]

Sooo much mis-information.

Negative camber in the rear does help you corner better. When your car rolls you want the contact patch to become flat on the ground.

How come a 350Z comes from the facotry with 2.25 to 2.5 degrees of negative camber?
Same with Porsche and all of the high end cars?? All of the performance cars.

I have 3 degree’s of neg camber in the rear and if anything the outside of my tires are wearing more. At the drift days my tire wear was the same from the outside to to inside.

Toe wears out tires ALOT more than camber ever will.

BINGO! toe kills…

oh gg

OKay, when I get home from work I’ll take some pics and show what a little camber can do to tires. I’m not going to argue anymore about this because everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I’m just stating FACTS from what I learned in school a couple months ago about alignment. Yes, pretty much every car comes from factory with some sort of camber whether it be negative or positive. But I’m done arguing, because you know what they say, arguing on the internet is like competing in the special olympics, even if you win your still retarded.

When was the last time you had an alignment? How do you know it’s camber killing your tires? Or do you just drive in a straight line forever? Oh, and do cars actually come from the factory with pos. camber? That’s effed up…

i can guarantee you that the tire will looks feathered which is from toe.

if the tires are from your 240/180 and from the rear, it is a good bet that you have run out of toe adjustment if you car is lowered over 2 inches.

Camber will affect tire wear but since the tire is not being dragged across the ground the wear is non-existent compared to the actual roughness of the pavment and your tires.
http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/2791/img0568am3.jpg
This is from 5 degree’s of camber. Lots of toe in too. See the feathering at the edge of the tread blocks. That is toe wear.

I’m not totally sure how anyone can refute the following:

1/ Negative camber increases traction when cornering, because it zeroes out when pressure is applied to that corner.
2/ Negative camber increases tire wear on the inside of the tire because, on average, you drive longer distance in a straight line than in a corner, meaning there’s more pressure on the inside of the tire.

Speaking of factory camber, the tires on my G35 had some tread left on the outside of the tire, while the inside was practically down to the cords.

There are some cars that come with + camber, I don’t remember exactly but I think it was some kind of Ford car. And my car has very mild toe wear, only suttle feathering hardly enough to even notice. But it does have very bad camber wear, the insides are past the wear bars and the outsides still have 3/32nds tread depth.

srt4^^^^ maybe you should get one if thats what you are looking for…