how to monitor aim logon status?

So…

This dude on ebay had a shitty auction for a brand new LG phone.

Not a high dollar cell phone, maybe 150 bucks at sprint.

Anyways I won the bid for 35 bucks.

I picked the phone up for my girlfriend, she was all happy that we got it for that price.

Anyways, the dude has 10 positive feedback with recent transactions.

I even asked the dude a question about the phone, he replied right away, another good sign.

Anyways, right after I pay, he doesn’t answer any more emails.

I got his contact info from ebay, and give a call. A dude answers, I ask for the seller, he’s like no he doesn’t live here then hangs up. I call him right back and explain that I bought a sell phone and someone has this phone number listed under their ebay account, he’s like no sorry not me.

So I have to wait 10 days to do a paypal dispute. All I want is the fucking 35 dollar phone.

So I have the guys email address, its an aol one.

I added him to my buddy list, is there a way I can see when that name signs on or track it somehow without being in front of a computer 24x7?

The dudes name is letsgobuff26 on aim, and he lives right in buffalo.

If he’s on your buddy list, open up a IM for him, leave your AIM on, and when he signs on or off it’ll let you know.

gaim has buddy pounce

Hmm, really? Never knew that. What is it and how’s it work?

if you know when he is logged in you can subpoena aol for the ip address then subpoena the isp for the address.

not worth my 35 bucks man… i’m getting it back anyways, just want to see if i can contact the guy because i need a new phone.

anywho.com the number and take a stop at his house if its not a cell number

The problem is that you can adjust privacy settings to only allow people on your list to see you are online and block everyone else. If he has that setting then you won’t see him online regardless of if he is on your list or not.

The guy isnt going to send it to you. Theres next to nothing you can do about it. Paypal will give you your money back, but theyre not sending you the phone. If you win something mad cheap and the guy has low feedback, hes not sending it. I wouldnt… Is you +10 ebay account worth $100? Open a new one if you need to… Thats my logic at least.