How to try and convince a bulliten board to Switch to v-bulliten

Or something similiar.

the board is www.raceny.com

Its a pain in the ass to upload pics,search for things(it never works) or just plain register. So id like to try and convince the people on there to switch over to what 99% of the forums out there are like. I mean i havent seen something this outdated since like 99-2000. And there still running it.

So what things could i say?

How much do you think it would cost?

thanks

trying to convince anyone on that uses that board that they are doing something wrong, or even try to help them in the right direction is IMPOSSIBLE.

ask me how I know :wink:

They are all old, and set in their ways.

“Change?!?! well why would we wever want to do that”

ahhh yeahh it must be an older person that runs it. i cannot see why they would not want to upgrade

Audi World is worse, and a huge PITA to navigate. I never use them because of it.

i hate going to raceny.com the site is pain in the ass.

yeahh it is. i wish i could steal it and have someone run it that knows what there doing with forums

I think the license for v-bull is 200 bucks. (per year?)

But its updated relatively frequently, and seems to be relatively secure… start by reading the wiki for vbulletin - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VBulletin

and become a little more familiar with it. Then present your reasoning to them after reading that.

and good luck on stealing it:

ICANN Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC.
Created: 1997-01-29
Expires: 2012-01-30

You may just want to ask to help out or pay for the license for them… or have a group of people pay for it

edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Internet_forum_software

another good read if you really wanted to present a comparison to what vbull has to offer over the other software which they are using

i already offered to toss some money there way. The guy must just be old and want nothing to do with it

Or like many of the users, they just plain suck at life.

I have never met a larger group of uneducated ignorant assholes in all of my life. V8 power make the bommity boom go fast make um left hand turns wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Seriously? worse than Nyspeed? God thats gotta be brutal

by about a 100 times. Not that NYspeed is ignorant but if that is the bar upon which you are gauging this then yes 100 times

Other than the worthless search function (I just type site:forums.audiworld.com/s4/ “search term” into Google) I don’t think it’s too bad. I like that I can browse it quickly.

One forum I used to be on a lot was running PHPBB and every 8-9 months something would fuck up and the database would get lost or corrupted, and there were never any backups. The guy who ran the site was a Windows sys admin from 9-5 and couldn’t figure it out. The users were mostly older and accepted the frequent data loss as part of life.