Hub Rings/Aftermarket wheels

So my girlfriend has a jeep renegade which she wants to put nice wheels and tires on. There is not much selection, just curious if using hub rings are safe, I doubt she will go off roading with the vehicle, other than maybe some really light off roading. I’m a noob to this stuff, so I just want to make sure its safe for her. From what I was told, the hub rings just take up the space so when the wheel is mounted and bolted on the car it is centered properly. It has no load while driving.

I was lead to believe the same thing. I think they may bear a little load but believe it’s more about centering the wheel on the hub. I’ve seen them in aluminum and plastic.

wheels are made to be lug-centric nowadays anyway. so hub rings are useless. they are more for noobs that just toss a wheel on and jam the lug nuts without making sure its centered lol

Hub rings or not, the lugs will center the wheel. It’s not like the wheels have slots for mounting holes lol the lug will center it. Install using star pattern torquing and you’ll be fine.

Get the rings simply because without them taking the wheels on/off is a PITA. My winter rims on my GTO were slightly off at the hub and while I never had issues with the lugs centering them perfectly it did make spinning the first two lugs on or last two lugs off a bitch since you needed to lift up the wheel a bit while doing it.

Most decent aftermarket wheels come with the plastic rings anyways, just toss them on.

Sounds like I have nothing to worry about. I learned something new about wheels! Thx guys