WTB/find a shop, Just read the post lol

Hi all. I have a set of 18" hp ligntnings for my 2000 e46. the shitty part is that i need to find hubcentric rings for them. The problem is that I cant seem to find a set any anywhere. i called HP designs and they said that my hubs were 77.56mm and that the rims were 78 mm. Ok no biggie except that when I put the rims on there was no way in hell that the play I saw between the hub and the rim was .44mm. More like 8-10mm. I havent had a chance to measure the hubs and rims yet though SO I honestly dont know the diameter of either. Any suggestions as far as where I can get a set of rings locally, or find a shop that might be able to hook me up with the right stuff for a reasonable price?

Thank you all in advance for any input.

Do you need the rings? Aren’t they just there to help installation?

I always thought they were to support the wheel instead of the studs.

But I never use rings and have never had a problem.

Thats correct. I bolted and torqued the rims to my hubs. than i spun the wheel and noticed that it wasnt centered on the hub. Every e46 forum I have looked at preaches hubsentric rings like they are the holly grail.

I definitely need them, because I cant get my wheels centered without them.

anyone?

harbor freight has a digital caloper for like 8 bux… just go get it

I had literally three and a few bore gauges. But ya prolly know how that story goes. Anyway Im more than likely going to do that because i cant find any solid and consistent info as to what size hubs i have and what size the rim hole is.

What is it about BMW’s thats so damn mysterious. lol

:word:

You really dont need hubcentric rings. Just torque the lug nuts while the rim/tire is off the ground to around 85lbs.

Exactly what I thought. But when I spun the wheel I could see that it wasnt centered. I even tried torqueing at small intervals in the usual 5 lug pattern but nada. a little better but still not on center. Besides every place i have read anything about my rims they all call for rings.

That would work if it werent for the fact that most european cars rely on the hub to center the rim as opposed to the lug bolts.

Exactly

I have never had a problem on any Euro car.
Hell, I even use wheel adaptors that I made.
Maybe it works because I made them with super precision.:thankyou:

Hah. If I only had a lathe.:violin:

call discount tire direct and tell them what you have, and what you need.

but its mostly because its american made…