Hudson VALLEY!!

Ill be there to finish the degree during the day

i went there 02-03 i always parked out in the back by the automotive building. Parking ALWAYS sucked the first couple weeks, then it evened out when people started droping out, so hang in there. The computer cafe was the best place to hang out if you could grab some food and a computer.

:lol haha

i got like $50,000 to blow on college, its just a matter of buckling down and going, would have to enroll as well.

Just don’t blow it if you don’t want to. College isn’t for everyone, so don’t go just because other people tell you that it’s a must do thing. I used to catch the big “gotta go to college to get the big jobs/anywhere in life” BS talk from my family when I was young, went and got two degree’s(Business Law and Commercial Aviation) but now run my business that has very little if nothing to do with what I learned and I’m doing just fine. My wife is the same way…went to college for many years for education(teacher), then up and decided one day that she wanted to run her own business and just did it, and it too has nothing to do with the schooling she went for. Her business is doing GREAT. I “Blew” ~$25K in schooling, now thankfully paid off.

It’s definitely not a waste in any manner, but I would probably like to have put it elsewhere now looking back on it…having made impulsive school decisions back then based on what people were telling me just to get them off my back. Education is great and it is good to learn just do it because you want to and not because people say you have to.

Ok, that’s just the “dad” in me talking :lol

SCCC parking no better than HVCC unfortunately. One of my Porsche customers is a professor at that school and even he hates the parking!

going in full time during the day. i was originally supposed to go in at 9 but opted to come in at 8 due to the insane traffic. hopefully it won’t be bad at 8. see you guys there… we should have an exclusive shift518 parking section :lmao.

i dont mean blow as in waste, im not a dumb kid, and i worked hard to get what ive got,and i get what our saying, i just havent figured out what i want and where i want to go…

and when you say commercial aviation, which sector, and are they FAA airframe and or power plant licenses, or is it aviation administration? ive got something like 26 credit hours in aerospace/aviation maintenance and management
i almost went to Spartan college of Aeronautics in Kansas but i decided i didnt want to pursue a career in aviation, otherwise i would have just kept doing what i was doing prior to where i am now. i had the acceptance letter, start date, all that but cancelled my enrollment.

I’m down. :nod

Already graduated from that hell HOLE!!! Have fun with all the ghetto kids that hang out by the library. I bet half of them don’t actually go to school there they just chill and “HollA at dem Bitches”

That’s cool. I didn’t think you meant by wasting it, I’ve just talked to so many people who went to school who did so because they thought they had to to make anything of themselves. No harm no foul in your decisions at all ;D. Personally I think so many young people are “forced” to jump into college at a young age and make impulsive decisions on what they think they might want to do. I’d like to know how many people are doing now at age 30 what they thought they wanted to do when they graduated at 18? Crazy I know, but I think the answers would be surprising.

Sorry I meant commercial aviation licensing(pilot part), little under 300 hrs in the logbook currently. PP, inst, and commercial ratings with tail, retract, CS prop, turbine(turboprop) endorsements. Almost went for the multi engine rating. Went to school for it at SCCC and ComAir :slight_smile: Same decision here though. Was a spontaneous one where I thought I’d want to fly for a living, but decided it was better suited to me as a hobby rather than a career. Sounded like a good idea at first but soon faded. I still went on with it to finish what I started school wise but really never went back to pursuing a job of it after. Haven’t flown in quite a while though as rental/insurance prices locally went through the roof in the last 5 or so years and I don’t own a plane myself. Richmore Aviation is rediculous price wise(my wings are probably still up on the wall down there at SCH) and just can’t afford the rates with everything else I enjoy doing. Also little time to do the things I used to with a family and all. Auto racing kinda outweighs joy flying, and even that has taken a backseat for the past couple years :sad

Well, my apologies for jacking this thread to the starter. Continue on! ;D

flying is too expensive now. the rate per hour went from something like 40/hr for private instruction, in single enging cesnas to over 100/hr… id love to fly, ive done some EA-6B simulator flights, alot of things you must do in the pre “flight” brief, but most of which i knew from being a maintainer and warfare qualified… but back to HVCC… i wouldnt mind jumping in for a few business courses, global economics.

ill be at sccc unfortunitally

yeah i’ll be there full time too

oh, i’m going for business administration.

im there for one more semester

I’ll be there… How many of you have any evening classes? Mine are on Mon and Tues evenings…

No evening classes for me… Monday-Thurs from 9 til 3, with fridays off. :banana

mon-fri 10-2 and thursdays off :nod

il be there tuesday through friday 8-330… should be interesting… :ponder

Let me know when you have breaks, we can meet up for lunch or head to the comp. lab or something. Same goes for everyone else. :banana