Hundreds expected outside Phoenix mosque at Mohammed cartoon contest

Im all for freedom of speech and the right to bear arms but damn…they are doing this again

They should have a pin the nail on the Jesus event right next door and see how many of the people drawing Mohammed get upset…

much less painful then what others do

Probably a few, but I doubt they’ll try and kill anyone which is the big difference.

Some people dont get that Jay

Hopefully nothing crazy happens tonight / in the future

I can’t imagine many, I’d probably participate even being Catholic. WWJD? Jesus would laugh and join in.

That is only at pro abortion rallies.

It’s just tacky to exercise your freedom of speech with the SOLE intention of pissing people off.

That is true.

I agree with ya there.

There is a huge difference between Muhammad and Jesus - Muhammad was a man, a prophet of god. Jesus, according to that one book did all kind of wild shit like walk on water and part the sea and turn water into wine and heal the blind and lepers and curse fig trees so that they would wither and die.

Mohammed didn’t want people building statues or painting pictures of him - because there should be no other idols aside from Allah. so the fact that these people have tried to (and have successfully) killed people in the name of Mohammed is the complete opposite of the prophet’s intentions. Murdering someone for drawing a picture making fun of someone who never wanted to be idolized is back asswards

Any maniac can pick and choose words from a “sacred” text and use it to harm others. remember dr barnett slepian? that is just one example out of many

beware, “the lambs of Christ” !!!

and how could we ever forget about the KKK!!!

Fucking religion.

here is another thing, and this stemmed from a discussion I had with an ex-coworker after he openly mocked a woman wearing the traditional Muslim garb. I said something along the lines of “you realize like a miniscule percent of Muslims are extremists, right?” he laughed. yeah right. ok, I asked, what percentage of Muslims do you think are extremists? " like 90%" he goes.

90%?? 90%.

Islam is the largest religion on the planet. roughly one of every 4 people on this planet are Muslim. Meaning, if his extremely inaccurate assumption was anywhere close to correct, it wouldn’t take much for them to exterminate all non-Muslims from the planet. if they wanted to. which, obviously, 99.9999999999% have no intention of doing.

This.

What bothers me about Islam is how large, vocal and violent the protests were after incidents like the naked prisoner stacking pictures came out as opposed to how quiet and reserved the “they don’t represent real Islam” statements were after incidents like the Boston bombing.

It may be a really small percentage who will drive across several states to shoot someone over a cartoon but there are far too many who watch it happen and make comments like, “they shouldn’t do that but violence isn’t right”.

And yes fuck all religions, but fuck Islam in particular because it’s the one CURRENTLY being used the most to justify terrorism.

Should Christians apologize for all of the children molested by priests? should they apologize for lynchings? bombing abortion clinics? bombing gay night clubs?

No religion = no religious violence/segregation/hipocracy/war/protests/martyrs/etc.

It’s religious people that are the issue here, whether you believe in some dude or a space ship, you’re all fucking nuts in some way, shape or form.

When’s the last time you heard of an atheist getting pissed because someone drew a comic of Bill Nye?

yes, absolutely.

but, in this country, we have freedom of all religions. not just yours.

I agree with what Newman said, and I agree with you Jam.

I’ll always stand for the rights of citizens, but there has to be a little common sense here.

I love that you guys think exercising your freedom of speech specially to piss someone off is tacky, yet we have some of the biggest trolls on the planet here.
@newman you should fix your Harley gas tank emblem. What if a die hard biker tries to kill you. Eeek

Our society is seriously screwed. Things will piss you off in life, life isn’t fair, deal with it. Don’t go killing people over it, live and let live.