Hybrid/pittspeed Dyno Day Today ! ! !

jiffy

nice :beer:

thats a dark ass beer

Thats bottom of the barrel BEAST :puke:

brings back high school memories

pictures are in the gallery!

Danm I missed it…How much was it to run vs how much normally. I would hope to see 315-320 RWHP and 330-340 tq.

what did tusseys car do?

416 and 353 i believe

Yea it sounds pretty good i think with that intake manifold on it.

And did anyone get video of the cars on the dyno?

yeah im waitin for the videos too

On the dyno chart, what does smoothing 5 mean. And would you say this dyno is close to a mustang dyno (some people have told me the dynojet gives bigger numbers)?

dynojet gives accurate drivetrain loss numbers for a dyno set condition

mustang dyno adds a % of load into the drivetrain to simulate road conditions, to give off an actual “road usage” power loss scenario

both are excellent tools, but a lot of people prefer the mustang dyno to the dyno jet for tuning, since AF ratios can be off by a few points due to no load being issued… honestly though, from a tuning perspective… it’s all in the tuner

Get both numbers and see for yourself if you want to know the difference. Theres a mustang dyno out and the shop that has it also the software to get dynojet numbers.

Im just wondering, someone told me that mustang dynos give you 20% less power then a dynojet, so if thats true my car is making 90 some hp and 105ft/lbs, doesnt seem right to me from seeing other cars with the same motor make around what i really dynoed (122hp and 131ft/lbs). So ether something is really wrong with my car, or that person doesnt know what their talking about.

basically as long as you tune your car on the same dyno you’ll be able to see the results of the changes you made. just pick the dyno with the options you like and stick with that.
smoothing 5 on the dyno sheet is how smooth the lines are on the sheet, the lesser the smoothing number the rougher(sharper up and downs) the line will be.

mine was with a 40hp shot not the 70’s we tried them but the a/f nevr came off of 10.0 a/f way to rich

You cant really get a set comparison for mustangs and dynapacks, dyno dynamics, dynomites etc.

They allow for parameter adjustments by the operator. Dynojet 248’s are what everyone uses for comparo purposes because they tend to read the closest from dyno to dyno. (though of course not all exaclty the same)

Dont worry about any numbers on the mustang. The mustang might be better for tuning but when u compare numbers most look at dynojets.

dynojet is the industry standard. hence why they cost much more money than other brands

actually…they really don’t…dynapacks are about twice the price.

wow I didnt know that… thats some $$$!!

It doesnt really make sense to me why a dynojet costs as much as it does when you cannot really set it up to replicate the load you see on the street.

Two 3,000 lb rollers on the 248s is gonna be giving you more load then you will see on the street. (Unless you got a couple heifers in the car) I guess if anything it forces you to do a safe/conservative tune for customers who dont want their shit to blow.

Im gonna take mine down and find where it likes the A:F and then do some logs on the street and probably have to set it back to the A:F i found that it liked on the dyno.