Hydrogen Powered Equinox... I have one!! **PICS**

lol

it looks like an uplander, but kool indeed

Watt? Discharging batteries to create electrical current and power a motor is a thermodynamic process*? Creating a national infrastructure to distribute hydrogen via pumping stations and/or residential hydrogen refining is a thermodynamic process?

Systems: it’s about energy conversion. It takes energy (electrical) to perform electrolysis on water to break it down to Hydrogen and Oxygen. Then that hydrogen (transportable) can be converted back to “usable” energy (heat or electrical via fuel cell).

*(although some heat is created)

You could look at a battery from a thermodynamics perspective, yes. It is possible, mechanical engineering man. It is possible!

That’s a 4 year old article on an emerging technology. :shrug:

Fuel cell vehicles + cheap nuclear power to create the hydrogen FTW.

Plug in hybrids as a stop gap until the hyrdogen infrastructure is built.

burnout vid please

truth

riiiiiiight… burnout with the 25 million dollar fuel cell vehicle, how many people could say they did that?

25 million???

brake press do it

You think too much. All I’m saying is that, like electricity, hydrogen is not an energy source.

You have a point but the way I look at it is that Hydrogen cars reduce the need and demand for gasoline. Ya, it needs to be produced by factories that require power that typically are powered by oil or coal but it will trickly down. Solar, wind and nuclear power plans that start powering these factorys that produce hydrogen for cars can have a huge effect.

Wow, they’ve actually done some work cleaning up the look of their hydrogen concepts. The stuff I’m used to seeing is SUV’s and pickups with full cabins/beds FULL of electrical equipment.

Thats so sweet. Can’t wait to see what the future holds for these types of vehicles.

Is there anywhere on the outside of the car that resembles a “gas” cap where you put the hydrogen in the tank?

“Fuel Stack cells have been around 4 a long time”
It’s not used in mass quantity because GM was having trouble solving their previous issues (explosions); not sure about other manufacturers

GM decided to push the button on this project because all of the other top auto makers were fighting to see who could push their new product line with this option. GM hopes Fuel stack cells would cover 65% of all automotive sales.

The division that covered the development of this product is in Honeoye Falls, NY (Trison)

now that I think of it I don’t think so…i’ll have to check

that’s where this one came from

the front end looks like the gay chevy van tht they discontinued that chevy uses as like transporting customers from dealership to dealership…

So we’re saying that the creation of the hydrogen cuases more pollution than all the cars running on gas and the pollution created through drilling for oil and the refining process? I’m calling BS on that.

The main problem is cost.

In my opinoin refueling stations should be setup by the dealerships at first. As the demand for hydrogen grows more and more people will start creating hydrogen stations since there will be money to be made. There will also creat a market for hydrogen production which can be done here in the states and create jobs instead of buying durka durka water.

Water, a little hydrogen (below the lower explosive limit), and some nitrogen. If you are exhausting pure oxygen, there would be major issues.

I had my overnight with a Fuel Cell Equinox a couple weeks ago. I was surprised at how close to a “real” car it actually felt.

Care to point me where GM had explosions? I’ve seen “thermal events” where materials get burned, and even that is rare, but never an actual explosion. Visions of giant Nazi blimps burning and killing hundreds of people are not a concern for any auto maker working with Hydrogen. Fires could occur, but explosions are highly unlikely due to the nature of hydrogen and the many redundant safeties being put in place on the vehicles.

Trison is the contract house that supports GM in Honeoye Falls, primarily doing the work the union would do. Excellent group of people, but not solely responsible for the product.