I am looking for product ideas

WHERE THE FUCK DID THAT COME FROM?

Do you know how to read?

I said compensation can be worked out in different ways!!!
Just so you know, compensation means pay.

handers?

For people that don’t know how the business world works…

The guy that takes the biggest risk usually makes more money.

If you want to buy the parts from me in quantity and resell them you can make huge money.

I am not familiar with that term.
Is it a form of commision?:gotme:

I want one of those

Good quality ones like H&Rs or Eibach are expensive and for them u pay for the name…I spent 120 bux on mine because i ddint want eBay or Pepboys shit…properly sized hub holes for different cars save people from buting hubcentric rings for spacers…if u can get longer studs for various applications as well…most imports except Nissan use a pretty standard stud being 12x1.5mm for most cars Nissan being 12x1.25mm…but if u were to get into it there are many reference books that give all makes and models hub size and proper studs…shit u can prolly machine studs instead of buying somewhere in Bulk…buying in bulk would prolly be more cost effective though

I would like to see the spacers you bought.
Do you think there is a big market for them?
In other words, would making 100 sets be a bad idea?
If I made 100 sets the cost would be closer to $30.
As far as studs goes I am not sure about the material/strength of studs.
There are obviously stronger than a hardware store bolt but I am not sure how they acheive that strength.
That might be better left to the experts seeing as how they hold your wheels on your car.:biglaugh:
That brings up the point of liability which is a whole other discussion.
Wheel spacers are pretty low failure risk but, studs are a little scary.

Were the studs included in the $120 price?
If not then you can see the money that is to be made on this stuff!!!

Example…
If you bought 100 sets from me for $30 a set and sold them for $100 a set you would only need to sell 30 sets to break even and the other seventy would be gravy for YOU.:smiley:

The question is; Do you want to risk $3000?
If you do you have a HUUUUUGE potential pay back.

^^^^^^

I hope everyone reads the previous post because that is the whole idea of this concept.

If you don’t want to risk the money but do have a good marketable idea we can talk about remuneration(pay) and come to an agreement I’m sure.

yea studs were included…mine where the type that u actually replace the stud in the hub…but H&R also make a type where the new stud is pressed into the spacer then u bolt the spacer on using existing studs…so essentially they are just putting a stock stud into the spacer then bolting the spacer on using existing studs…i like nmy set up better because i dont feel bolting spacers on is a good idea but actually replacing the studs with longer ones is better…FYI i have 20mm spacers milled down to 16.5mm…also on most cars anythign under 10mm thickness dont need longer studs…but over i woujld advise…i think the market is there from anythign from 3mm-10mm…again i had a rare case where my offset sucked on my wheels and needed a large spacer to clear my huge brakes

go to fullsizechevy.com and offer spacers for the rear of full size gm trucks, the track is an inch narrower in the rear than the front. The spacers most places have sell for over $90 if you could do it for half the price you would sell a lot.
basically you need two 1/2" spacers for the rear, easy to maching and easy to sell

id love a camera case, or some small suitcase type thing, but with a camera mold on the inside so it fits perfectly, thatd be nice

OK.
The wheel adaptors I made for the Audi/VWs have studs pressed into them because they use bolts on Audi/VW.
If the spacers are thick enough then I guess you would have room for studs.
When you said spacers I was thinking more like 5mm, 10mm not 20mm.

Are yours steel or aluminum?
I used steel for the extra strength.
Using aluminum makes me a little nervous without some serious engineering.

No disrespect, I’m just not a fan of someone asking for ideas for them to make money off of that’s all. Yes you mentioned compensation and also getting parts at cost witch should be the very least. I am also in the manufacturing/engineering business so I know all about the risks. Like I said earlier, good luck with this. Ive had experience with people in the past who took ideas, ran with them, and left people in the gutter.

If I had an idea that could actually make money in the real world I would pursue it on my own to maximise my profit, not let someone else run with it and give me pennies on the dollar. Don’t take what I say harsh or as a personal attack against you, your character, or your company. My opinions are based on past experiences.

billet aluminum/ magnesium alloy http://www.hrsprings.com/site/index.html

but yea for the idea i was thinking more of the 3mm-10mm range…20 is extreme and i really almost bought new wheels and prolly will in the next couple of years

check out viosport.com

or I borrowed one of these for my WRX. It worked awesome on the back deck http://www.viosport.com/images/detailed/d_16189.jpg

but it could be simplified and locally produced I believe.

Its how i got my <- avatar

That’s cool.
One thing about the internet is you don’t know the “tone” in which people post.:slight_smile:

I have been in business for a long time and have a pretty good reputation.
I want to get into motorsports just because it is more interesting than the stuff I do now.
If anyone feels like I am ripping them off they can crucify me on NYSPEED.:biglaugh:
Public forums keep people honest.

Unfortunately I only made one.
It is milled at an angle that works great in the Evo but is not really adjustable.
Do you think there is a market for what is basically a simple block with an angled step machined in it that bolts to the rear dash?
How much would people pay for that type of thing?
$20?

You realize you have to sell all this stuff for “Off road use only”

if there’s no drilling required…I think so