I am looking for product ideas

Hello everyone.
If I haven’t met you, my name is Mike Schmauss.
My company is Springville Mfg. Co., Inc. www.springvillemfg.com
I am a sponsor of NYSPEED.
The company has pretty extensive machining capabilities and I am looking for new ideas for products we could produce.
I have been a motorsports enthusiast all of my life but, I haven’t really tapped the companies’ potential for producing motorsports parts.

I am looking for serious products that have good market potential.
So far I have only made simple cosmetic parts because they require little or no engineering.
I welcome serious performance product ideas if they are already engineered or require a small to moderate amount of engineering.

As far as compensation goes there are many ways to handle it.
You could give me drawings of what you want and purchase the parts from me for resale or we could work out some sort of commision.
Obviously if I take the risk of manufacturing and holding the inventory I am going to make a larger portion of the money.
Or if you just want the part for your car and you are feeling generous you could just give the idea to me in exchange for a couple of finished parts.:slight_smile:

That said, I don’t want to limit this to just motorsports.
I have made products for other markets like wine enthusiasts.
If you have any hobbies that need a new/better product let me know.

The product should be unique because if it is just another commodity item we can’t compete with off-shore crap.
When I say unique that includes unusually high quality.
We do make parts for www.badboyracingproducts.com they are similar to other products but have super uber high quality built into them.

Here is a picture of a couple of very simple parts we have made…

GOOD DEAL! The shift knobs are awesome…too bad there is no $ in them.

Yeah, without a big name no one will pay more $25 for them even though they are top quality.

The best way to contact me is pm, call, or post in this thread.
592-4957 ext.19
Thanks,
Mike

The part in the backround of the picture is a “tank”.
I included it because people had expressed interest in overflow tanks for oil, coolant, etc.
Obviously it could be polished to mirror finish for maximum bling.:stuck_out_tongue:

:word: You might want to elaborate on your capabilities. I’ll do some thinking about both motorsports and products for my company. We love getting stuff locally when possible.

dogs
pistons
shift forks
axles (cv shafts)
input/output shafts
rotors
catch cans
710 caps
IC, radiator end tanks

Actually, there is no reason you could not construct an entire dogbox with a little bit of engineering.

camber plates
engine/tranny mounts
vacuum manifolds
intake manifolds(especially the focus…NO ONE MAKES ONE, and lots of us WANT one)

custom camera mounts for cars :tup:

Thanks Jim.
I think we are making some right now for you.:slight_smile:

Oh yeah, I made one for the Evolution.
It actually mounts to the child seat mount on the back dash so it would probably work in any modern car with that feature.
I could also make them for roll cage mount too.

good ideas in this thread… very cool to post it up, hope you come up with some new ideas from the forum :slight_smile:

Those are good ideas, the challenge is getting dimensions.
Are you able to supply the needed info with either drawings or parts?

Yeah great start, and I got some pm too.:snky:

Actually, I have an idea for you that I was discussing with a local motorsports shop down here. It would require a little engineering, but I am sure you can cover that between our resources. I have been meaning to give you a call about it, it would be a more expensive piece, but I know that you could sell a few of them easily.

I will give you a call sometime to discuss, and oh yeah, it’s an EVO suspension part.

make a BOV that doesnt suck

yeah. I was thinking about a way to make a bov with a positive lock. 0 boost leak with lightning fast response. If you want to talk about it sometime, i’m down.

wheel spacers…sweet billet battey tie-downs…and if anybody has an idea that needs to be put into CAD i can help as can Newman i am sure

I totally forgot about the wheel adaptors I made for Audis.:smash2:
I will get more pictures up eventually.

The problem with wheel spacers is that you can buy them at PEP BOYS for 8 bucks.
Unless you have a special application in mind.(?)

ugg so you want to take someones idea and use it as your own to make money off of with little to no compensation passed back. No thanks, good luck with that.