I finally succumbed...

It felt pretty damned chilly out tonight, and I finally gave in and turned the furnace on for the first time this season. This is the longest I’ve ever gone without turning it on. Normally it is on by mid-September. :tup: to global warming!

You are crazy…mine has been on for almost a month now…but I have a drafty house…I need to go buy some window plastic

:tdown: to high heating bills this winter.

:tdown: to not having control over your heat and an asshole for a landlord

:tdown: to haveing a 120 year old house that u can literaly feel a breeze go threw.

Storm windows help quite a bit too. I put them in a month ago.

I have storm windows and my shit still sucks. :Tdown to old houses!

Then do what I do and add duct tape… :lol:

The old part of my house is about 100 years old. The other half is only 17 years old… not a breeze through here. Thank god.

98ss10 i just laughed for 5 f-in minutes at your sig.

hahaha…good windows + leaving all the computers’ monitors ON = teh win. Still haven’t turned on the furnace and it’s still 70-ish in here.

I turned mine on today lol put it on 71…It was down to like 64 w/out it:) but my place is only 6yrs old and i get sunlight most of the day.

my heats been on for a while… but no breeze… i just like it @ 72 degrees :slight_smile:

Wood Stove was rocking out today. Shit is hot in herrrrrrrrrrrr.

how do u make the plastic stick to the windows, does it really help that much?

tape it around the windowframes to create an air pocket between the glass and the plastic. it DOES help significantly, otherwise you lose heat right through the window. and if you’re in the heights… do it up man

OMG it helps a ton… I put some in my apt… and I love it… I was sleeping with like 4 or 5 blankets of increasing size… now I’m down to the two lowest sizes…

good to know… will plastic it up this weekend… btw… what kinda tape did u use… masking???

though your window is a major contributor in the breeze that goes through your house… I also like to cover the entire window area. I use a staple gun… and 2 ply plastic.

haha. my heat is included. so like any red blooded american, my windows are open and me heat is on.