i found an old moped in the woods yesterday

i don’t think the motor is salvagable but me and my buddy jesse are gonna chop it and look for a 50cc dirtbike motor to throw on it and have a lil fun, i’ll post pics when i bring it up to the house

anyone know of any 50’s for sale relatively cheap? seen a couple motors on ebay for like 300

sweet. i want something like a 50 to play around on :frowning:

i might know someone willing to sell a motor.

:naughty: I know who that might be :slight_smile:

this thing has bicycle sprockets on it haha, but we figure we’ll extend the swingarm, move the seat (it’s got shocks on it too so might have to make it a hardtail) put a nice rake on it, extend the front arms, and a nice set of ape hangers, the rear tire is mounted on a bike rim so i was thinkin one of them walmart special chopper bike rear tires or something then weld in a cross bar and fab up a tank. it had a small air cooled 2 stroke on it but the motor is siezed and i dont’ think it’s w orth our time as it’s a single gear from what i can see…and a 50 would give us some more to play with

sounds like a cool little project. ive been thinkin about gettin a XR50 for awhile now just to play around on…take off some small jumps, mess around on at my cabin…just dont have the extra cash / time right now. but i’m interested to see your creation, sounds like fun.

there’s really nothing to this thing but it was street legal at some point although nothing works it HAD lights, turn signals, a horn, and a plate…

how much/size/anything wrong with it?

^ its not him, he’s just post whoring.

the guy has a bunch of mini bikes from 49cc to stroked 49s to 88 or whatever… i’ll ask if he has anything he wants to sell… but he’s the type of guy that anything is for sale, so name a price and i can see.

tussy sucks:D

i want somehting in a 2 stroke with a gearbox (no single’s or autos) and 50cc or larger, dont’ wanna spend more than 200 i found kits on ebay from 90-150 that are 50cc 2 stroke 4 spds that turn your pedal bike into motorized, but i’d rather get one straight off a dirt bike as they will most likely be more powerful. this thing is mainly to putt around on…pretty sure most engines that size are air cooled anyway

you should race his accord wagon…

the new XR50’s are 3 speed manuals and a 88 stroker is no joke for a little bike I have ridden a few 88 stroker xr50’s

uhhhh ohhhhh…he don’t want none of that

i will sell you a 83 pw80 just make an offer i t does not get spark so it needs some work but its up for grabs

did u?his beater hondo smoke my blowed up truck!:smiley:

i’ll start the bidding at 50 bucks.

is this the one with the bad ass H twizzy?

on a side note, only in Armstrong County would someone FIND a broken down moped in the woods, take it home and decide to fix it up real nice. :rofl: :hsugh:

x2